Chapter 19

"Sect Leader Jiang has arrived!"

     Shivers launched down Jin Ling's spine as he frowned at the sudden news. "Uncle is at Lanling Jin?"

Sizhui shot him a simple sweet glance. "Your uncle?"

     Jin Ling nervously frowned, "he'll kill me after he finds out what I've done..."

     "What did you do?" Sizhui asked.

     "Don't you remember?" Jin Ling was flabbergasted. "At Cloud Recesses... I stabbed Jin Chan! And I probably just killed my reputation as a sect leader as well..."

Sizhui caressed Jin Ling's hands tenderly, saying, "in my eyes, Jin Ling is right no matter what."

Blush overwhelmed Jin Ling's cheeks and earlobes as he reddened, "Sizhui..."

     "Jin Ling! You brat! Come out here if you still recognize me as your Uncle!" A voice had hollered outside of the doorway. Jin Ling froze, his blush fading away. Sizhui tilted his head innocently, watching his lover with his coherently large silver eyes. "Jin Ling?"

     "He's here..." Jin Ling shuddered, retracting his hands and rushing to the door.

Before he could open the door, the door itself had slammed open, with a radiating violet whip entering in. "Uncle..." Jin Ling bashfully mumbled.

"So you still know that I'm your Uncle." Jiang Cheng scowled, an ugly expression on his face.

"Yes." Jin Ling nervously responded. A part of him wanted to rebel against that scary face of his Uncle, but wanted to leave a good impression on Sizhui—who was hidden behind his back. Unfortunately, he wasn't that well-hidden. "Jin Ling," Jiang Cheng frowned, "why in the world are you hiding a man in your room?"

     Jin Ling froze. "Me...? Hiding a man in my room?"

     Jiang Cheng's face went dark, "don't act like you don't understand. You know exactly what the fuck I meant."

     Shivers spiralled down Jin Ling's spine as he laughed, "huh?"

     It was then, Sizhui stopped hiding. He stepped out from Jin Ling's shadow and bowed, "greetings to Sect Leader Jiang. Lan Sizhui apologizes for not greeting the Jiang Sect Leader in advance to his arrival."

"So..." Jiang Cheng's eyes radiated off an ominously dangerous glare, "you're Lan Sizhui. The childe that Old Man Lan loves so much. However, I've heard before that he had purposely sent you off to seclusion. So what in the world are you in my nephew's room?"

Sizhui sweated underneath Jiang Cheng's glance, but did not quaver in his words, "Sizhui had escaped from Lan Qiren with the help of Senior Wei. I beg Sect Leader Jiang to not speak of this to my granduncle."

Jiang Cheng squinted his eyes, "do you really think I'd do that?"

Sizhui stayed silent.

All of a sudden, a familiar face of Lan Xichen popped out from Jiang Cheng's back, smiling, "Don't worry, Sizhui. Sect Leader Jiang won't spill a thing."

Jiang Cheng's face turned ugly, "Sect Leader Lan, you-"

"Sect Leader Jin!" Xichen politely bowed, "long time no see. How have you been?"

Jin Ling bowed back politely, "I've been great, couldn't have been better. What about Sect Leader Lan?"

Xichen and Jin Ling had gotten up from the bow, patting off extra dirt from their robes. Xichen smiled, "I've been great. Though my days could've been better. Now then, I'll excuse myself."