68 | smiling stars

" Family isn't always blood

" Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what."

- Unknown

✰✰✰

" 5 bucks Lizzie pay up."

" Shut up."

" 5 bucks."

" Oh alright." Lizzie slipped the 5 dollars into his hand as Floyd smirked at her. The music that played over the speakers was drowned out by the $1,000,000 smirk that emitted from his lips.

" Alright, Mr., you won this round and this round only." she said as Floyd couldn't help but peck her cheek softly in the process.

" Floyd, stop it." she said with a giggle as Floyd chuckled against her cheek.

" Alright, alright, I will." he said," But just one more." He pressed another kiss to her cheek as he leaned away and smiled softly at her.

" I just....I'm happy with you, Liz, like real happy."

" Floyd you're getting sappy." she said with a laugh.

" Ah, you know I do it to hear that giggle." he said and Lizzie giggled again shaking her head.

" Hey!' a voice called through the room," Can we get the newly-weds out here! It's time for...the first dance!"

Cheers rose up around the room, as Joe rose from his chair to lead Hazel towards the center of the dance floor where the soft spotlight sat there as cheers slowly died down. Lizzie softly glanced at Floyd who watched softly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as Lizzie softly rested her head against his shoulder, inhaling his soft scent. Lizzie watched as the lights dimmed everywhere except the dance floor.

Slowly the gentle tune of Amapola came over the speakers and she saw a smile glow on Hazel's face. Lizzie knew why - Joe had danced with her in a spotlight in Mourmelon-le-Grande to this song, as he sang it softly to her. It became her favorite song after that.

Lizzie smiled as the newly-weds danced, their arms clasped around the other's waist, gazing at one another's eyes. It even seemed like Joe was whispering the words softly to her, making her smile.

Lizzie looked to Floyd and watched his smile grow watching two people who were like a brother and who was like a sister to him, finally hold each other close in the bond of a beautiful marriage.

It was beautiful to watch them dance, but halfway through the song, Lizzie found herself looking up to Floyd, whom she was not so discretely watching with gentle eyes. Softly leaning against him further, she swayed in his arms, in their own little corner.