He flinched as his eyes met the tall one's piercing gaze.

"What a coincidence that we're neighbours, huh?" He asked.

[name] stayed quiet and nodded, still not making eye contact.

"Remember my name?" He continued.

[name] wracked his brain, it wasn't that he had bad memory, really. After all, he had just met them yesterday.

"...Kuroo-san?" He muttered. Kuroo's ears caught on and gave a thumbs up in encouragement.

"And uhhh, Kanna-san?" [name]'s voice got quieter as he finished.

[name] heard a loud splutter next to him and looked up in alarm. Kuroo was pointing at Kenma mocking him, "He doesn't know you, what a pity!" A tick mark appeared over Kenma's forehead and he stuck his tongue out at Kuroo in rebuttal.

[name] knew he got it wrong but he didn't want to say anything to make it worse so he opted to ask him his name. Except he was nervous. Very nervous. His voice got caught on his throat but he forced it out anyway, "What's your name?" It was obvious that the more nervous he got, the quieter his voice went until it was almost a whisper by the end of the sentence.

"Aaw, Kenma. He's like me when I was tiny!" Kuroo comments which made Kenma look more closely at [name]. [name] sweated bullets in discomfort which made Kenma smile in amusement at how he was making the statement more and more correct. 

"You're terrorising the kid," He said.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

 Dinner was awkward, well to [name] anyway. He usually took a long time to finish his food but with all the staring he was feeling, he ate much faster. He got spoiled a bit more by Mrs Kozume. It seemed she loved his cute reactions. Well, who could resist him anyway?

The younger trio was walking to a park afterwards, leaving the adults to talk and do whatever adults do in their spare time. [name] wondered if they played together as well.

"So where'd your friend go?" Kuroo tried to initiate another conversation.

Unfortunately, he didn't know that this would make [name] feel bad.

"Haru-kun went back home," [name] muttered.

"You think he can join us right now?" Kuroo thought having someone familiar would make [name] more comfortable.

"Haru-kun's not coming back," The tone and phrasing [name] used was much more sombre than he probably intended to but he didn't feel like correcting himself.

Kenma looked at his downcast expression and leaned over to pat his head. [name] unconsciously tilted his head to be more comfortable and Kenma saw the image of a cat appear before him. He blinked his hallucination away and retracted his hand. [name] liked the head pats more than he thought he would. He reached over to the top of his head where Kenma's hand had previously been, trying to recreate the movement with large blinking eyes.

Kuroo's eyes shined with endearment as he watched his actions. Maybe it was because [name] reminded him of himself or because [name] was such an easy child to adore, he felt like protecting this kid forever. He was so small and fluffy.

"Eh? I'm not fluffy," [name] quietly mumbled.

Kuroo realised from the weirded out expression on Kenma's face that he must have said the last line out loud. Oh well, he didn't regret it, seeing [name]'s ears redden as he looked at him in confusion.

Yep, this child was now his.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

There weren't many people at the park at this time. Just a few joggers and dog owners. [name] tried to pet one of the dogs that looked friendly enough (which much encouragement from Kenma). The dog was not as friendly as he seemed. Or maybe he was too friendly, who knows since it decided to chase [name] the moment he got a few metres away from him.

The dog, which was big enough for [name] to ride was hurtling after him in full speed and [name] was running away. The dog was obviously going to catch up to him in no time so he changed directions to go to something bigger than the dog.

Kuroo.

The teen only had a few second to process a child and a dog shooting towards him. He opened his arms for the child but couldn't gracefully avoid the dog. He was knocked over, [name] still attached to him.

In the end, only Kuroo had gotten mildly hurt by the fall onto his rear. [name] was safely nestled into his chest so he was unhurt and the dog had his fun.

Kenma was at the side watching it all go down as he checked the time on his watch.

Kuroo stood up slowly, rubbing his nape and noticed a weight at his midsection.

It was a child. [name] hung onto him like a koala and Kuroo nearly lost it.

They walked back home when the sky was orange. [name] didn't want to be let down onto the ground again so he was sitting on Kuroo's shoulders, playing with his messy hair once in a while.

Kenma was watching them cautiously as if expecting Kuroo to make a sudden move that would have [name] bawling. 

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

If you see anyone acting OOC then shhhh. 

I am absolutely crunching these updates out. Don't be fooled by this~

ミ☆( *uωu)+.