19

KATARA'S POV :

I woke up feeling like a new person, there was a fresh new shining day was ahead of me.

"Wake up Aang" I cheered shaking him.

"Ugh, what do you want?"He groaned rolling over. "C'mon let's watch the sunrise" I complained rolling him back over.

"Just leave me alone, I'm tired" He snapped rolling back over...

"Pleeaasssee??" I begged, wanting to spend time with him. "Noooo, leave me alone." He groaned, sounding mad and annoyed.

"Ok fine I'll go alone..." I ended getting up and going to the balcony to watch the sunrise by myself.

Why is he being so moody? I wondered.

I told myself that he was just tired because of the long day we had yesterday or that he was just jet lagged.

I was sad that he was missing out on the sunrise, it was so beautiful but I couldn't enjoy it because of a bunch of thoughts were running through my mind. Did I do something to upset him?

I found myself googling "Do guys have mood swings" I didn't find my answer.

Eventually I decided to go inside and ask him what was wrong.

When I opened the door I saw that he had already left to the hotel buffet downstairs.

That kinda threw me off, why would he leave without me?

I mean obviously he can do things without me but me discussed this yesterday and we we're both really excited to go and eat together because the menu looked so good and I just assumed we were going together.

And once again I told myself that he was probably just hungry and forgot about yesterday so I thought nothing of it.

I made my way downstairs and saw that Aang had already finished eating so I grabbed a plate and quickly put some food on, there was a huge selection of sweet and savory food and multiple drinks to choose from such as coffee, tea, milk, chocolate milk, orange juice, apple juice and more but I just got a coffee and jogged over to where Aang was sitting since I couldn't run fast with my hands full.

I set my plate down and sat down across from him.

"Hey!" I smiled. "Hey" He responded unexcited to see me.

"Why didn't you tell me to come down with you to eat" I puzzled.

"Oh, yeah I forgot I was just hungry" He replied.

He's not even going to apologize? I mean he doesn't have to, of course he can eat breakfast alone but it's our honeymoon we should do things together.

I mean he could've just told me that he was going to leave without me instead of leaving saying nothing whatsoever.

I chose to forget about it and go on with my day.

"I'm gonna go back up to our room" He said getting up.

"What already?" I worried, wanting to spend more time with him.

He's just going to leave me now?

"Wait, can you just wait till I'm done eating?" I asked desperately

"No, I'm tired i'm just gonna go back and lay down" He replied.

I was kinda sad that he wouldn't stay with me but I get it he's probably just tired so I didn't think much of it.

I finished my food and it was really good but once again I couldn't enjoy it without him so I just went back up to our room.

He was laying on the bed and looked bored "Wanna go shopping?" I suggested attempting to lighten the mood.

"Nah, I'm not really feeling it." He responded.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun!" I convinced.

"No" He said still not budging.

"Pleaseeee?" I begged.

"I said no Katara, why the hell are you being so needy?" He stormed getting up.

"Me? Needy? Oooohhh you take that back." I fumed, getting tired of his behavior.

I am not going to let him disrespect me like this.

"I mean it, you need to just leave me alone, You don't control me." He snarked.

This is where I drew the line, who the hell does he think he's talking to?

I am not going to let him sit around while I've been trying to make things right just to be disrespected by him.

Why does he all of a sudden having mood swings? No, scratch that. He's not having mood swings he's just straight up being rude to me.

He was fine and happy yesterday... It's not like he has anything to be mad about.

It's our honeymoon, everything is supposed to be happy why is he ruining it for me? For us?

He never acts like this.

I rolled my eyes hoping he would see and maybe apologize for acting like an immature child.

But he didn't, he clearly saw me roll my eyes and he chose to ignore it.

I'm so over it I left the room to get a fresh breath of fresh air from this toxicity.

I slammed the door on my way out.

It's like doesn't even want to try to make things better so I refused to too.

I tried to think of what made him this mad. What upsets him this much? I thought.

Did I forget what today is ?

And that's when I remembered that today is the anniversary of the day of the air temple genocide, how could I forget?

Oh no, I was so rude to him.

He was already so sad I probably made everything ten times worse.

I have to go apologize right now.

I bolted upstairs and opened the door.

I saw him miserably laying on the bed again looking into the distance and then looked at me

"Aang, I'm so so sorry. I completely forgot what today is." I admitted.

"It's fine" Aang replied. "No it's not, I shouldn't have been so rude" I said.

"No, I shouldn't have taken it out on you, it's not your fault" Aang disagreed.

"I'm sorry" I apologized. "I'm sorry too" Aang smiled hugging me, "I'm sorry, did I ruin our honeymoon ?"

"No, no, you didn't" I giggled hugging him even tighter "Uhh, I'm losing circulation" Aang joked.

"Stop it, you ruined the moment." I laughed.

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter :) Stay tuned for the next! <3 Bye! :)

<3

1050 words