6

Sokka was sitting on the couch looking at Zuko and Mai's old wedding photos.

"What'cha doing?" Zuko wondered sitting down next to Sokka.

Aang grabbed a glass of water and sat next to Zuko.

"Oh, nothing much. I'm just looking at you and Mai's wedding photos." He answered.

"Woah, I haven't seen those in a while." Zuko recalled picking up some photos from the coffee table.

"Yeah me neither, feels like forever go." Aang added, grabbing some of the other photos.

"Haha, look at this photo, Zuko and Mai look like babies." Aang joked as Sokka and Zuko laughed with him.

"But Sokka, why are you suddenly looking at my wedding photos?" Zuko puzzled.

"Nothing." Sokka denied, clearly hiding something.

"Come on you can tell us." Aang urged.

"What? I didn't even say that there anything to tell." Sokka puzzled.

"Oh please, we know you better than that." Zuko laughed, "just tell us."

"Ok fine, I want to ask Suki to marry me..." Sokka revealed nervously fidgeting with his hands.

"Really ?" Zuko asked, shocked and genuinely happy.

"But I'm still not sure if-" Sokka said getting cut off by Zuko gushing : "Oh my god, you HAVE to propose, it's the perfect time!"

"Shhhhh! Be quiet, someone might hear." Sokka hushed.

"Right, right sorry..." Zuko apologized.

"It's ok, but you really think I should ask her?" Sokka puzzled, still unsure.

"Yesssss" Zuko and Aang responded.

"Ok, Ok " Sokka agreed. They decided to go to the jewelry store to chose out a ring.

There was a pretty big selection of rings there but nothing really catching Sokka's eye.

They were about to leave but a small glimmer glistened in the corner of his eye.

He looked over and saw a beautiful ring that was absolutely perfect.

"Wait, that one looks perfect." Sokka pointed out.

"It does." Aang agreed. "How much is that one ?" Sokka inquired the store employer.

"15000 $ sir." He replied. "How about 13500 $?" He pleaded desperately.

"Sorry 15000 $ is the lowest we can go." The employer apologized.

"That's too much." Sokka sighed walking out if the store.

"Wait!" Zuko said, pulling Sokka's arm.

"What?" Sokka asked. "I'll pay the remaining for you."

"Why would you do that for me?" Sokka asked.

"Because you're one of my best friends and you seem to really like that ring, besides I'm not going to let some money get in the way of two of my best friends getting engaged." Zuko reasoned.