.14 𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘪𝘦

Grace slammed her back into the cold wall of the castle, Ruben close behind as Ms. Norris slowly walked past them without noticing their heavy breathing. Grace watched as the tail of the cat turned the corner, luckily without turning around and spotting the two with their backs against the wall.

"You're so lucky I finished my Potion essay early," Lee muttered under his breath, looking out the corner of his eye at Grace, who was heavy breathing and holding back the softest smile. She was lucky Ruben fished his essay or she'd be stuck in a room with three loud Gryffindor and nobody with an ounce of sanity besides herself.

"I'll love you forever."

Ruben rolled his eyes, the two making their way to the large paint of the paint that hung delicately on the wall, Ruben's fingers giving a swift tickle before letting his backrest on the stone wall as it opened painfully slow.

"I'm sorry were you talking about me or loverboy?"

Grace pushed Ruben's shoulder, trying to peek around the painting to see if there was any way the comment could be heard by the bunch.

"Rowena Ruben, what if they had heard?"

Grace said nothing, Ruben smiling as he slipped into the kitchen without another word to the poor Arcanimus girl. The sound of pots and pans crashing to the floor echoed off the walls of the elegant kitchen.

The two redheads held pots on their heads, wooden spoons held tightly in their grip as they watched the two new patrons of the kitchen look them over. Lee sat on one knee, his head slightly tilted as the pot on his head now sat on the floor.

"Sir Gred, I think we have visitors," Fred muttered out the side of his mouth.

"I've noticed Sir Forge," George muttered in a light, yet weirdly stern, voice.

Grace let her thin finger trace over her lips in shock, taking in the scene before her with knights and swords rather than pots and a wooden spoon.

This was the part she missed the most, not the wild pranks or the horrible jokes but the moment when no one was watching when the boys were this version of themselves that no one could hate.

Sure most loved their pranks if they didn't pull them on you, but this version was innocent and sweet, something that can be forgotten in the world of insanity.

"Blimey, what we walk into?"

Ruben finally let the small tiny giggle past his pink lips, looking between the three Gryffindors.

"A knighting ceremony," Lee scratched the back of his next, looking to the two taller boys to jump in at anything, which they would since they always loved making situations either better or worst.

"A very serious one might I add," Fred nodded, looking to Grace with a sparkle in his dark eyes. Grace panic at the eye contact, looking around the kitchen for something, anything at all, that could help change the topic.

Once she saw the two plates of apple pie set aside at one of the random tables that filled the kitchen, Grace let her feet delicately wall across the cold floor to the escape.

Apple Freaking Pie.

"You saved me a slice?"

Grace looked over her shoulder, wondering why there were two as she knew she couldn't finish all that in one sitting.

"Well, of course, didn't want to leave you with pumpkin or something."

The comment earns Fred a swift smack to the back of the head for his brother George but left a hint of a smile painted across her rosé lips.

Ruben raised his eyebrows at Grace, slowly making his way to the fridge where his cherry pie would be located. Grace raised her eyebrows, trying her best not to read too much into the situation.

She was with Oliver Woods, the star of Quidditch next to Harry Potter and a proud Gryffindor.

He was nice and innocent, he asked Grace questions something and he had his moments of a random act of kindness.

But he didn't save her apple pie.

"Helga!"

Ruben's little scream, not as loud as the pots and pans but it would match a good second place, shook Grace from the overthinking burst of the night.

"What's wrong with you Waters?" Lee moved up beside him to looked over into the large steel fridge.

"There isn't any more cherry pie," Ruben turned to me, his face morphing into an innocent smile as he played with his fingers.

"Grace?"

"Nope."

She wasn't going to get her hands covered in cherry pits and crust for a pie only one person would eat, it wasn't going to happen.

"Bloody hell Arcanimus, give him some hope," George muttered and she couldn't tell if he was trying to be rude or the tone just came out wrong but she didn't need to freak out considering he's lighting up and she did deserve it.

"Yeah Arcanimus," Ruben barked back, the innocent smile stick sketch across his face.

"No," Grace let her hands grab the table behind her, hoping to sit comfortably on the top of it.

"Mum taught us how to make pie once," Fred jumped on the balls of his feet, looking to Ruben in wonder.

"Well, what are you waiting for."

Fred looked to George, who had the same look in his eyes before they both set off with a plan only the two knew.

"When the kitchen blows up I'm blaming you," Lee hit Ruben's shoulder, smiling as Ruben rolled his eyes and painted to Grace.

"Blame her."

Grace shrugged, picking up the clean, at least she hoped, the fork that Fred left her and dug into the perfect apple pie that wasn't made by two Weasley that didn't know there right from left.

"Is this salt or sugar?"

Fred held up an unmarked container with a grain like substance in it.

Grace sat back and kept her mouth shut because she needed a good laugh and this would definitely bring a little stress relief.

Or maybe more stress?

At this point, she had her current best friend, her childhood best friend, and a boy who she didn't know well but made Ruben happy so she didn't mind what came next that much.

[𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺

𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘪𝘵]