.10 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘸

  The stair that leads to the Great Hall looked really un-safe from where Grace stood. No, she wasn't drunk, but she was also a lightweight and the stress of everything slowly made it worse. She could hear light music and talking, so much talking for the bottom stairs.

She hind around the corner, Ruben decided to make a run for it and left Grace stranded and she tired pocking her nose around the corner. She was doing fine until she heard heels lightly clicking on the floor behind her, wiping around to see Hermione Granger holder her light baby blue dress in her hand.

Grace didn't know Hermione yell, she only spoke to her once when Hermione asked her about the second challenge and if she knew what the egg was saying, Hermione knew how Grace took multiple languages and thought she could be of help. She wasn't much, simply saying it was defiantly magical and probably needed solvent of some to understand.

Hermione looked up at her wide eyes, her cheeks fiery red as she didn't dare to move any closer to the stairs. Without any words shared Grace looked back around the corner, Krum stood with his fancy reb robes waiting with a tapping foot.

"He's down there," Grace spoke in a weirdly harsh whisper, she couldn't tell anyone why but she felt spy-like and it felt appropriate.

"I-"

"I know you are going with Krum'" Grace looked back to the shocked fourth year, her eye as wide as Grace's when she stumbled on the girls' moment.

"I assumed someone told you."

Hermione most likely didn't mean for Grace to hear her words but that didn't stop Grace from responding.

"Ron found Ruben outside a few evenings ago and decided to unload and Ruben connected the dot since Ron didn't know yet," as Grace had said before, people tend to us Hufflepuff as therapy a little more often than they ever should. The statement itself had Hermione huffing out in annoyance, falling to the rough wall beside Grace's while she looked to the ceiling of the school. The normal stary night that would hang above was replaced with snow in honor of the holiday.

"He needs to stod being so dimwitted," Hermione mutter so harshly Grace wouldn't know the two were friends. Grace didn't know why she placed a gently touch on the poor girl shoulder but the sisterly instincts kicked in as she imagined her poor sister in this situation.

"A Weasley boy is the most complicated one you will ever meet," Grace ignored how Hermione looked confused at the older girl and continued trying to help the poor girl.

"If you manage to get butterflies whenever they talk, don't run."

Hermione said nothing about the girl's said face, only giving a single nod but never pushing off the wall.

"Krum is lucky, you look like a fairy godmother."

So maybe it wasn't the best compliment Grace could muster, but Hermione took it to heart as she smiled at the Arcanimus girl.