𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

Grace held the letter between her fingers, reading over the name once more before letting her head fall into her hand

Grace held the letter between her fingers, reading over the name once more before letting her head fall into her hand. If someone had asked her how she got Fred Weasley Hogwarts' letter sitting on her kitchen table she wouldn't be able to tell you, and Grace hated not having answers.

Her first thought was to send it back by owl but it was an owl who made this mistake, to begin with so it didn't seem responsible. She didn't want to walk through the long, well it was decently short, trail over to the Burrow.

"Is that your letter?"

Grace jumped, a hand across her chest as she turned to look at her younger sister who looked to be just out of bed by the state of her hair.

"These two are," Grace reached across the long dark wood table, handing both letters to Jane before looking back to the letter in her hand.

"Then what is that?"

"It's Fred Weasley Hogwarts letter," Grace mumbled to herself, she knew what she had to do but that didn't change the fact she didn't want to.

"Weasley?"

Graced gave a knowing look to her sister as she rose from the dinner table chair, which hurt her ass more than they should for the money they paid for them. She let her socked feet glide across the floor as she approached the front door.

"You haven't been to the Burrow since you were 12," Jane followed closely behind her sister, almost running into her back when she stopped to grab her shoes from the rack.

"I know, I was their Jane."

Grace good the riding shoes from when her mother insisted she try a classy sport, horse riding didn't seem to make her much happier for the matter.

"What if mother and father find out?"

Graced shrugged, ignoring the coat considering the weather outside could melt her loose black blouse from her skin.

"I'll tell them the truth, what am I going to do keep his Hogwarts letter?"

She turned to the door as she let her hand laid on the cold bronze handle, but for the Arcanimus household, it was a normal occurrence.

"Have fun," Jane mutter as Grace walked from the house onto the large wrap around porch that no one ever really sat on. The sun shone over the dark house, the grass touching the house completely dead. It reminded her of those creepy muggle films, with the crazy clowns or the psycho-killer Ruben made her watch.

She went down the three steps of her porch, the sun hitting across her pale skin in a hurry. Covering her eyes she turned to her right and headed to the patch of trees that lead right into the Weasley yard.

The nostalgia of the simple walk was enough to make Grace feel like the same little girl again, having fun with the twins from past the trees. The trail was slightly outgrown but still walkable, which Grace knew couldn't be possible with how much her parents hated it but thought best to ignore it.