Greater Power Pt. 2

George at the Parker's kitchen table with his badge in his hand. His talk with DeWolff was something that had been running through his mind for hours now. He was taking a major risk by helping Gwen but, he knew she was innocent.

Ben: You know, for a guy who hasn't lifted anything over 16 ounces, you look worn out, George.

George tossed his badge on the table and sighed.

George: Just a long day, Ben. Between my two kids and work, I'm racing for a heart attack.

Ben chuckled as he grabbed himself a beer.

Ben: Well, I ain't Jim Rockford, but I'd put White Castle to your suspect list.

He opened the bottle and sat next to his old friend.

Ben: Look, I don't know what you think Gwen's done or doing. I also have no idea what Y/N could've done that has you so worried. But you have to understand that whatever choices they're making, they're the right ones. I know those kids. They only know good.

George: Ben.....I think I'm close to finding Peter's killer.

Ben stopped drinking and looked at George.

Ben: My god...May....May said it didn't matter. That it's not important. But I never doubted...

He hugged his friend as tears formed in his eyes.

Ben: I never doubted that you could catch them...

George: No. Ben, listen to me. It wasn't the Spiders.
----------------
Gwen: Aw. Please don't tell me you hate me too. You're my dad's favorite.

With the lizards circling the two women, Cap stared down that the white spider.

Cap: You have to the count of three to surrender, Spider-Woman.

Gwen: Wait! Listen...I don't...I didn't do any of the stuff the police or Jameson say. And I definitely didn't have any involvement with these lizard dudes.

Her senses went off and Gwen leaped out of the way to avoid being swiped.

Cap: One.

Gwen: I do have an idea. Or, more like a hunch.

Gwen kicked the lizard away and landed infront if Cap.

Gwen: Look at that. A-reptile dysfunction.

Cap: Two.

Gwen: Really? Not even a smirk for that one? Not even the dreaded single "ha"?

Cap narrowed her eyes at Gwen and brought her shield back.

Cap: Three.

She threw her shield but Gwen leaped up to avoid it. The shield may have missed her, but it circled around and hit the other lizards. All five were knocked down by the time Gwen landed on the ground.

Gwen: Woah. Fries come with that combo?

Cap: Heh.

Gwen looked at the SHIELD agent and rolled her eyes.

Gwen: Really? A "heh"? You're killing me.

Cap charged forward while throwing her shield to keep the lizards away. She swung at Gwen who avoided it. Cap was fast. Way too fast. This wasn't a street thug anymore.

Gwen: Look, Cap. Bad puns are funny now. TV is in color. Breakfast comes in burritos. There's this one place call Joyce's Mexican Madness. Wonderful.

Cap swung away which almost got Gwen. She ducked down and flipped away.

Gwen: Seriously? Nothing?! What do you need, lady? Pie to my face? Exploding cigar? I love Lucy, too. I can do the classics!