Promise Me part 6

omg i'm SO sorry it took me so long to update!

                                                                    Carmella's P.O.V.

          There was only one tactic I hadn't tried with Devyn. The jealousy tactic. It would be easy and it just might work. I glanced around the hallway, scoping out the scene. Suddenly my eyes fell on the perfect guy to use.

          He was tall, muscular, blond, and attractive, the kind of cute preppy jock that got plenty of girls falling on their knees. I used to be that kind of girl, falling over that kind of boy. I almost laughed at myself now. Devyn was so much better. But still, Devyn had no idea I felt that way. Maybe if I flirted with this guy in front of him he'd start caring about competition. He'd care even more because the guy I would be flirting with was exactly the type of popular sports-player everyone expected a girl like me to go out with. Me dating Devyn had been a real shocker.

          As I got closer I recognized Blonde Guy as Chase, the new student. I was standing a couple of feet away from him when he finally looked up and took notice of me. I was startled to see that he had gorgeous eyes, a brilliant blue color I thought was only meant for sparkling Caribbean oceans or sour blueberry jellybeans. I enjoyed watching his eyes widen as he took in my perfect blond hair, stylish clothing, and Barbie body. I flashed him a confident smile.

"Hey," I started flirtatiously,"You're new here, right?"

       Chase looked like a little kid on Christmas. It was adorable how he thought I really cared.

"Yeah," he replied," I'm Chase."

"Cool, I'm Cherise," I said, adding,"Haha, it sounds a lot like Chase."

"Yeah." Chase smiled a little. I petrified him with my signature smile, looking up at him from under my mascara'd eyelashes and batting them enticingly. His cheeks got a little pink. Good. He was losing his cool already.

     I glanced around subtly and noticed Devyn watching Chase and I with a confused, terrified, and shocked look on his face. I smirked at him. He'd seen us, it was working. I turned back to Chase, replastering my smile.

"So..." I continued,"You're pretty cute. Want me to show you around?!"

       Chase blushed but kept composure.

"Sure, that sounds good. And you're pretty cute yourself."

"Thanks," I replied breezily. I got that compliment a lot. I was surprised he'd said it so soon though. This guy was a bold one. I led him down the hallway, making sure to put my hand on his sleeve, just so Devyn would notice.

          At lunch I ushered Chase over to a seat next to mine at the popular table. Since he was new he didn't really have a designated table yet. He was already pretty popular, so he'd sat with us a few times, but he usually just hung with his football buddies for lunch.

            My friend Tiffany raised an eyebrow at us, but I gave her an evil smirk. She nodded, understanding.

             Chase seemed like he was the quietly content type. He didn't talk a lot during lunch, just nibbled on a burger. I could tell he'd noticed I was hardly eating. Everyone always noticed that.The funny thing about Chase though was that he didn't mention it. Everyone always mentioned it, picking me apart until everyone at the table was joining in, everyone was looking at me and my untouched lunch. Chase just raised his eyebrows at me and resumed eating. I couldn't help but be grateful. I swallowed a breath of air and forced myself to eat a bite of my salad.

            Nobody seems to understand that to get my perfect body, you have to have the perfect diet. And there's no such thing as the perfect diet. The thing that parents and teachers keep from you for years is that the best way to get thin is to eat nothing at all.

         The bell rang warningly and we all scrambled out of  our chairs noisily. I could feel Chase's gaze on me, but I brushed it off, avoiding his face and the confused and devastated look I knew it would be wearing. I ran through the mental schedule I'd made of my classes. English was next. I ran all the way there.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry it was so short! And it took so long for me to finish!    ~_~   I know you are probably mad at me for never updating, but it would mean a lot if you didn't give up on this story yet. I'm going to try to update more.