"Wait...he really killed them?"

"He said so himself." I got in beside Shayne and strapped up. "He'll pay for that. I'll make him pay. He'll pay for everything."

Even if it is the last thing I do.

~

"We're here." Shayne exclaimed as I stared at the house he had brought us to.

"Where is this place?" Nicole asked him as we stared at the most beautiful house I had ever seen. Never have I seen a house so beautiful and luxurious in this lifetime before.

"You own this?" I asked him, unable to believe that he would bring us to one of his numerous apartments in New York City.

"Yeah." We all came down from the car at once. "But you two can stay here...for the meantime. Till you...um, find a place to stay."

"Yay!" Nicole shrieked and jumped on him. "Thank you so much! Goodness, how can we repay you?"

"There's no need. Elsa saved my life and there is no amount of material thing I would give her that would be enough to compensate for what she did for me." Our eyes met and I smiled.

"Thank you, Shayne. But Lucas... he's still out there...what if he---"

"He won't find you here. This house is only visible to those that is allowed to see it. So you don't have to worry. And we'll find him. I promise you. He won't get away with what he did."

"Thank you. And about uh," I started walking closer to him. "what I did, I'm really sorry. For trying to murder you and murdering your uncle too. You know that's not personal. I'm truly sorry. And the girl I saw that day at your house, I..."

"It's okay. I won't hold anything against you."

Now I was standing in front of him. "What if Lucas goes to the police? What if he---"

"I'd like to see him try. He's already wanted so there's no need for you to worry. He can run but he can't hide. We'll get him soon."

"I can't thank you enough, Shayne. You've done..." I looked down at my fingers. "so much for us. For me."

"That wound needs cleaning. I'll send a doctor here as I soon as I get home."

"You do that." My eyes met his and I suddenly felt this heavy thumping in my chest. Our gaze locked for what seems like minutes, my heart contemplating on asking him if what Lucas said about him was true.

Does he have feelings for me?

Was that why he couldn't stop protecting me?

Would he really have given up the watch for me?

Me?

Someone he doesn't even know?

Me?

The one person who wanted to tear him down with bare hands before?

"Hm," Nicole cleared her throat and that broke our eye-lock. "I think I'll go inside now." She said and started for the house.