~20~

Six years later

~Shayne~

"How much is he willing to pay?"

"Forty million."

I shut my laptop as I rose up. "Alright. Seal the deal. And concerning the party, Mario--" We were interrupted when the door pulled open and favorite person in the world stepped in.

"Hey Dad!" My son, Ian stepped in as he started for me. "Dad guess what? Guess what dad?"

I scooted low, ruffling his hair playfully. "You didn't even bother to hug me first."

"Oh," He smacked his head. "So sorry," Quickly, he hugged me and then pulled away. "Now guess what? Guess what dad?"

"What?"

"I got all the answers to the maths assignment you taught me correctly today in school!" He said excitedly.

"You did?"

"Yes daddy!"

"Well then we need to celebrate! Right Champ?"

"Yes, daddy! With mommy too, right? Right, dad? You promised." His eyes had suddenly gone pale.

I sighed. "Alright. With your mommy."

"Yes!--Oh hey, Mario." He had just noticed that Mario was standing  behind him. "I told you I was unbeatable in mathematics."

Mario smirked at him. "Oh is that so?"

"Of course. Why else would I be a Champ?"

"Where is he!? Where is that naughty son of Don Walk--" the door slid opened and revealed an angry looking Cheryl. She had her footwear in her hand together with her purse and a car key. "Oh. There he is."

"Oh hey mom."

Cheryl marched towards us. "Don't you dare hey me, Shayne junior. Do you know how long I've been looking for you!?"

"But I was right here, mom. I just wanted to tell Dad the good news. I'm really sorry, mom. It won't happen again."

Cheryl sighed, settling her butt on my desk. " I know you're excited about your scores but don't do it at the expense of my excitement because now, you're making me worry."

"It won't happen again, mom, I promise. And besides, dad said you could celebrate with us."

Her eyes met mine. "I--I can?"

I nodded, taking my seat. "You two go freshen up. Mario has a lot of things to keep me informed about. I'll see you both later."

I waited till they were both out before sighing and gesturing Mario to quickly take a seat. "Seal the deal."

"Already heard that one."

"What else haven't you heard?"

"Your answer to that party. You going man? Look, I understand if you don't want to go. Since she's gonna be ther--"