"Hello my lovely S.O."

"Haha, Hi Alex. Are you having fun?"

"Oh yeah, totally. Your neighbors are fun to talk to. I mean some did offer me alcohol but I told them I'm underage so they shut that down pretty quick. How about you, you okay?"

"Yeah, I am. Just looking at the streets before the year is over."

"Oh really? Who did you see?"

Alex leans next to me, following my eyes direction at the partygoers below. He laughs as we watch three people get handcuffed and put into police cars.

"And that ladies and gentlemen is why you don't get drunk and stand on cars." I say, watching as Alex laughs with that adorable smile of his.

We both lock eyes as we hear the radio in the background abruptly stop the music.

"Hello everyone! This is DJ Kyle comin' at ya party people this fine new years eve. It is now exactly one minute before midnight. Get ready to countdown folks!"

Me and Alex do not break each others gaze. I wrap my arms around his neck and his wrap around my waist. This reminds me of our first kiss at the ball.

10

9

8

7

6

"Alex?"

"Yes Danni?"

"I think I love you..."

5

4

"Danni?"

"Yeah?"

3

2

1

"I love you too."

We both share a kiss on the rooftop as we listen to the fireworks go off in the background.

Nothing can ruin this moment.

Nothing at all.

~

Okay maybe something can ruin this moment.

I forgot that Alex lives in Mexico, he did too at some point.

We both grimly remembered that he had to go back home on the 2nd. We both grimace even more when we realized that the 2nd was today. For the past two days, me and Alex have tried so hard to push the thought of us separating even when we were packing his things.