2: So much f*cking toile

I'm walking home from a fun day with Techno. I happily stride back to my apartment building as the sun starts to set, it was around 5:30 at this time. Me and Techno people-watched customers in the cafè until we got caught and were asked to leave for being too loud. We weren't even THAT loud, it's just that one customer came in wearing gym gear and Techno thought that they were undercover because they were actually a serial killer stalking their next target. At some point I dropped my phone and went down to get it.

When I went back up however, the customer was looking at me and then stopped when they noticed I was staring back.

"Oh no Danni"

"What?"

"I think he marked you, you have 7 days to liiiiveeee"
he says as he mimics a zombie-like voice.

That's when I lost it. We both started laughing so hard that we were kicked out. Hey, at least we weren't banned right?

After wards I picked up some snacks per Jeremy's request and caught a bus home. I enter the apartment building and use the elevator to get to my floor.

~

I opened my front door with my key to find Jeremy sitting on my couch, binge-watching The Good Place on my TV. I throw a bag of chips at him and he replies with a small yelp.

"Awe thank you Danni, you got my favorite."

"No problem, oh wait there is a problem"

Jeremy looks at me with a questioning stare.

"YOU'RE WATCHING THE GOOD PLACE WITHOUT ME?!?! SO RUDEEEE" I say as I squinted my eyes at him in disbelief.

"OH, oh my god I am so sorry Danni." Jeremy says as he tries to hold back laughter. I laugh too, The Good Place is like a really good show. 100% Reccommend it.

"Scoot over pleaseeeee"

Jeremy makes room for me on the couch and we sit in silence as we watch season 4

~

Two hours later and Jeremy left. He wanted to stay back but couldn't because he had to study for a quiz given by a class I didn't take. I cleaned up the living room and the kitchen before going inside my studio to work on a commission that was due next week.

The goal was to make a gown with a low v neckline that flows into a sort of mermaid dress style. I personally did not agree with this style choice when the client insisted on having toile added on to the skirt. She didn't want the toile at the bottom (which is where the skirt began) but she wanted it at the waistline.

I thought it would look nice, but she just kept insisting for "MORE TOILE MORE TOILE.". I swear after this gown I'm never touching toile EVER again. picture a simple mermaid gown, with a low v neckline, then add three layers of toile at the waist, and finally make the color dark, beige-ish seafoam green.

Horrendous right?

Here I am anyways, stitching all of the fucking tule to this dress like it's going to somehow make it better. It took me about 3 hours just to get it all done. I end up finishing the dress early, considering that it was a simple design. I carefully take the dress off the mannequin and put it in a clothing bag. I text the client telling them that their dress is ready for pickup.

She replies to confirm, and we set a time and date for pick-up. I close my phone with satisfaction. Even if I may not agree with the customers choices, I still get paid. I lock up my studio, shower and change into my pj's. I crawl onto my bed and check the time. 11:27 pm. damn. I open up my laptop to do some assignments that I procrastinated on the week before.

~

It's 2:00 am now, and for some reason I'm not even tired. My hands ache from stitching so much, I don't have the money to afford a sewing machine so I see everything by hand. I like to think that it put more love into the outfits. Except the tule dress, all my homies hate the tule dress.

I'm not even kidding, Techno and Jeremy called it a "walking pike of fluffy seaweed".

To try and make myself drowsy I start to scroll though twitter. I saw F1NN5ter tweet something.

"I am pleased to announce that I will be attending the Minecraft Content Creators Charity Ball this December. I am going with my good friend Meowriza as my plus one.".

oh yeah, the ball.

The MCC Charity Ball was announced around the Beginning of January. It is now April and there are still Content Creators announcing that they'll be attending. When I first heard about it I asked Techno if he's going. He said, and I quote:

"No."

Still seems like a nice event. The only creators that confirmed their attendance is Dream, Georgenotfound, Sapnap, Skeppy, Badboyhalo, Wilbursoot, and now Finn + Meowriza. The others have plus ones as well but I've forgotten who they are. Imagine if one of them asks me to design their outfit hehehe, just a dream tho.

I dismiss the thought and drifted off to sleep.

895 words

-

A/N
lol I think I foreshadowed something..