4: opportunity arises

Techno POV:

I came almost 20 minutes late to class, only to find a classroom with students in the seats but no teacher at the board. I asked the person next to what happened and he said no one knows, the teacher just didn't show up.

sweet.

Its been about 10 minutes now, still no teacher. Some people with laptops volunteered to check their emails if the professor announces anything. Other people just left the class entirely. I was just about to pack up my stuff and leave until everyone heard the pouring rain suddenly outside the class window.

I decided to take out my phone and wait until either A: the rain stops and I can leave, B: the professor emails us late and cancels class, or C: the professor walks through the door late and starts class. Whichever comes first I guess.

I was just checking twitter, since I haven't been active in so long and noticed that Finn tweeted. I click on the notification and read it:

"HELP! I am looking for a designer to design my outfit for the MCC Charity Ball, anyone have any suggestions?"

I had a thought, no wait that's too crazy. I was thinking that Danni could dress Finn for the ball, the exposure would do them good and they can get their name out there. But doesn't Finn live like a million miles away, in the UK?

I mean unless he's willing to travel to get the dress, the ball does take place in the US. So he's going to have to get here sooner or later right? Eh, its worth a shot.

TechnoBlade:
I heard you need someone to dress you

F1NN5TER:
1: yes
and 2: i didn't know you could make clothes?

Technoblade:
its not me dummy, i'm talking about my friend.
they're studying fashion design at the university i go to. they have a small business that specializes in gowns and i think they could do a good job being your designer.

F1NN5TER:
hmm do you have any reference photos of their work?

Technoblade:
Uh gimme a sec

Technoblade:Uh gimme a sec

They've made more gowns than this but I don't really have photos of them

They've made more gowns than this but I don't really have photos of them. I do have a picture of a toile gown if you wanna see it.

F1NN5TER:
oh woooww those are great! Don't worry I've seen enough. I'll talk to them about it, can you give me their twitter @ so I can contact them?

Technoblade:
sure its @raybournedanni

F1NN5TER:
thanks man

Technoblade:
anytime

seen

I was about ready to leave until I see the professor walk into the room. I'll tell you, I have never connected with my fellow college classmates until now. You can hear all of us collectively sigh in unison from the next town over. I click off my phone and start to listen to the professor explain why they came late.

~

Danni POV:

It all feels so...weird

I just turned 20 two months ago, I expected something about me to change but no. I'm still the same person I was when I was 19. Honestly, its not a bad thing. Change is good, but no change can be good as well.

The only thing in my life that's changed is my business. I just recently went through a crap ton of gown orders because of prom season. I think I can add sequins and glitter to the list of things I can't bear to look at for a while. It got me rent money though, that's what matters.

With my new sewing machine, I'm getting orders done quicker and meet-ups come faster. also less carpal tunnel, which is a MAJOR plus. I was finishing up a sweet-16 gown when I decided to take a break.

I picked up my phone and did a time check. 4:58pm. Not bad, usually my progress right now would be slower. It's a bit weird being almost done with a gown and it not being late into the night.

I decided to scroll through twitter a bit, checking out the mcc teams. Nice layout this month, too bad I can't watch it because of work and commissions. Eh, I'll just wait until after and look at recaps. I was about to close the app when I received a twitter notification.

I almost dropped my phone out of shock when I read the alert. "F1NN5TER has followed you back on twitter!". OH. MY. GOD. This can not be real.

I was just staring at my phone screen, looking at the notification and seeing the "follows you" tag next to his twitter profile name. Seconds later, I receive another notification, this time from instagram.

I click it and actually drop my phone on the floor. Covering my mouth with one hand out of shock and picking up my phone with the other. I read the notification. "RoseTwitch has followed you on instagram.". AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I jump for joy from the double follow and almost slip onto my floor. Luckily, I caught myself and looked at the follow backs AGAIN AND AGAIN BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS IS WHERE I PEAK IN LIFE.

Oh my god. He sent me a dm on twitter.

I pulled myself together and click on his message.

F1NN5TER:
Hey Danni! I saw some of your work on twitter and instagram and I am in love with your work! I was wondering if you'll design my gown for the MCC Charity Ball? It's totally fine if you can't

RaybourneDanni:
Oh, Thank you so much! Of course I'll design your gown, I'd be honored!

F1NN5TER:
Thats great!

We spend the next hour or so discussing terms and conditions: How much would the price be, when can I get it done, When he's going to fly over here to get measured. It all seemed like a dream to me. One of twitch's biggest streamers wants me to design their gown.

He's going to be flying here with Meowriza and asked me if I was comfortable being filmed. He explained that he planned on making a vlog of the gown process. I agreed and said it was fine.

It was all happening so fast. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad this is happening. Just wow, never thought this could ever happen to someone like me.

~

It's 10:39pm for me right now, just finished my assignments and I'm getting ready for bed. I still can't believe the opportunity that just fell on my lap. Imagine the orders I'd get after the ball, I REALLY hope I don't screw up.

Just for the love of god Finn, and I am begging you on this.

Don't pick a toile gown.

1121 words

-A/N
ouu spicy the plot is finally going somewheree