6: The interview + Dream-Quackity

Danni POV

I mentally prepare myself as Finn presses the record button. Here goes nothing...

Finn: okay first question, what's your name?

Danni: Uhum, My name is Danni H. Raybourne

Mariza: Tell us a bit about yourself Danni

Danni: Okay uhm, I'm 20 years old, I study Fashion deisgn at the University of California, I started my own gown-making business before my senior year of highschool, and I'm also non-binary and my pronouns are they/them!

Mariza: How many years have you been running your own business?

Danni: As of today...3 years, 3 months, and 8 days

Finn: Wow, you must've had a lot more customers since then!

Danni: Yeah, the flow has gotten a bit bigger since I first started. But the process results are all the same, it always ends with a happy client.

Mariza: awe that's nice to hear, now next question...

Everyone laughs.

Mariza: ahahah, okay uhh...what is usually your process when making a gown?

Danni: Well I first start off by measuring the client. I measure the bust, waist, hips, neck, shoulder, apex to apex which is basically nipple to nipple hahaha

Finn and Mariza chuckle at the comment.

Danni: uhh what else...back width, front and back length, crotch, inseam and outseam, thigh, knee, and finally the leg. It's seems like a lot to measure...and it is

All three of us chuckle. Wow I can't believe how easy they are to get along with.

Danni: Actually, can I ask you a question Finn?

Finn: Sure! Go ahead!

Danni: I know your known for cross-dressing but I have to ask, are you going to be wearing the uh....fake bust to the ball? I'm asking for measurement reasons...

Finn: Oh damn that's what I forgot to bring! Sorry Danni, hope it doesn't affect the process or anything.

Danni: Oh no it shouldn't, We'll just use some pillows for reference.

We spend the next hour asking each other questions back and forth. Finn mentioned that he'll only keep in the important bits in the vlog but put the extras in a B cut. Afterwards, Mariza films me measuring Finn for the gown. The air was getting a bit serious and stale. So I decided to break the silence.

"So Finn, what kind of fabrics do you want for your gown?"

"Erm, I'm not entirely sure. I really want something not too flashy, but not too dull. Something with glitter and stuff on it but not eye-blinding..."

"Ah I see," I say as I finished his measurements, noting down the last number needed. I quickly jog to a bin near the door and open it. I shuffle around a bit trying to find the right one.

After about a minute I find the fabric. It's a beautiful gold shimmer, not too shiny but not too bland either. I also grab some golden satin and light yellow fabric from the closet.

"How do these look?"

"Oh wooooowwwww" says Finn as him and Mariza admire the cloth. You can see the amazement in their eyes. Next is to measure Mariza for her gown. I watch as she hands the camera to Finn and carefully balances herself on the platform in front of the standing mirror.