12: The MCC Charity Ball! pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Make sure to tag us okay?" I say as Rory looks at the photo.

"Of course!"

"So....Danni, do you have anything to say to the vlog?" Romeo says as he points his camera in my direction. I pause and think for a bit before saying anything.

"Stream 'Small Talk' by Romeo Alegria." I say with a small smirk on my face. Romeo laughs and point the camera to his face.

"And make sure you-you hire Danni for all your gown-making needs!" He says, smiling. The two of us share a look and nod. Romeo point the camera at Rory.

"AND FOLLOW/SUB TO RORY ON TWITCH: @roarsgold " The two of us say simultaneously.

We all share a laugh until a bullhorn-like siren nearly breaks our eardrums, it grabbed our attention and we look in the direction of the noise. We see Scott standing on a chair, bullhorn in hand. He sets it down on the floor and cups his hands over his mouth.

*inhale* "EVERYONE PLEASE MEET INSIDE THE BALLROOM SO WE CAN PUT ON YOUR CAMERAS! okay thank you!" He shouts

All of us understood, Rory and Romeo said goodbye to me for now to get back to their plus-ones. Which reminded me, Where was Alex? I try searching the crowd for him but then get pulled away by an unknown arm.

I look up to see Finn and Mariza looking at me with worry.

"Hey are you okay? We've been looking for you..."

"Oh yeah I'm fine, I just ran into Romeo and Rory."

"Thank god." Finn says, dramatically wiping fake sweat from his forehead. " Let's get inside so we can strap our camera's on."

~

I was in the process of getting my camera strapped on. They explained to us beforehand that were two types of cameras you could get: One was your basic headlight camera, which was basically a go-pro attached to your forehead. Not ideal if you have a newly styled head of hair. Second was the torso camera. Probably the most easiest to manage. Its strapped onto your chest and has the most steady angle. Both types of cameras are removable.

The guy who was helping me with my torso camera explained me the basics of it. The camera is going to be on, always. I can remove the camera at any time to get a better angle of any activity I'm doing. I can press a certain button to request to pause my recording (for using the restroom, eating, etc.) for 15 minutes and wait for the green light to appear before doing my thing. If I see a flashing red light, then that means my battery is low and I need to come back here to get it replaced.

While the camera is recording, The footage will be displayed live on Finn's twitch channel and will rotate between the three of us. Last thing he told me: The purple light means that my footage is is being displayed on the main MCC Charity Ball twitch channel. Easy enough to remember.

I meet up with Finn and Mariza as the three of us waited along with many other minecraft content creators in the middle of the ballroom. The place was dark, except for one spotlight in the middle of the room where all of us congregated.

All of a sudden, we see a projected video of a one-minute countdown in minecraft displayed in the front of the ballroom. We all adore in awe as we watch the numbers go down. At around 15 seconds left, I hear someone call my name.

"Danni!"

I look to my left and see Alex, all the way across the room among the people, wearing a dark blue suit with a black tie and his signature blue "LAFD" beanie, waving his hand in the air towards me. I smile widely and start heading in his direction.

14...

He mimicks me in pushing through the crowd to get to each other.

13...

It reminds me of when he first asked me out.

12...

I bump into Eret, I started apologizing profusely. He seemed confused at first until he saw who I was trying to get to.

11...

He smiles and steps aside, also telling people near me to "Make way!".

10...

Alex trips on someones gown and stumbles.

9...

Phil comes in and picks him back up.

8...

He pats Alex on the back, and mutters something to him I can't understand.

7...

Alex quickly thanks him and continues his way towards me.

6...

The people around us start to understand what we're trying to do and make way.

5...

4...

3...

2...

Almost there...

1...

Me and Alex finally meet face-to-face. Just as we stopped in front of each other, the room illuminates in a beautiful purple and pink light. The ballroom is decorated with fairy lights and minigames lined up all across the walls, in front of them are the tables with pretty purple and pink placements, following that is the dance floor where we stand.

I look around to see all of the guests admire in awe. Some cheering and some taking photos. Everyone is excited for the stream to start. All except two people.

These two people are already admiring something, each other.

"Hi" I say to him.

"Hey..." He responds back.

Just then, Scott takes the mic on the stage and says his opening message:

"WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE MCC CHARITY BALL!"

-

2112 words

A/N: Whooo!!! Finally the ball has started!!! I want to thank CASTIKLINE and yellow_cardinal for letting me use their OC's Rory and Romeo! Please go read their books! Vices by CASTIKLINE and Fools by Yellow_cardinal! They are absolutely worth the read. That's going to be it for now everyone.

See you guys in the next chapter!