Chapter 6~ Is that him?

It's been one week since Y/n arrived in Hyogo. Her and Kita are on better terms...I guess? I mean, they don't really argue, they just kinda coexist. The two have been hanging around each other more. Oh yeah, about the fight...only one of them remembers that fight. Y/n remembered them having a fight, but due to the alcohol content in her blood, she didn't exactly remember it. So, she apologized to Kita for whatever it was she said, he did also and the two made up. While Y/n has been 'enjoying' her vacation, on the other side of the country, someone has been tirelessly trying to convince someone else to accept what he has told them.

*Changing POV to <3Akaashi<3*

"Mom, I've told you before, I'm not breaking off my engagement because you want me to." Akaashi groaned as he dragged him hand down his face. "But, Keiji, dear, think about the bigger picture. If you marry this girl, which I- you know near nothing about, our reputation could be tarnished. We don't even know if she's from a wealthy family!" Akaashi shook his head as he turned around to face his mother who was seated at the dining room table. "Just because she isn't one of the tramps you've tried to set me up with doesn't make her a threat. Y/n is genuine and trustworthy, she has been since I met her. I don't know much about her past, that's true. But don't you go saying I don't know her. I'm not stupid. Mom. I wouldn't have proposed if I wasn't serious." His mother shook her head in disappointment. "Fine. But, at least try and figure it out, go see her I don't know. Just don't go into this marriage blind, that would be stupid." Ignoring the spite laced in with her words, he thought about it. A visit couldn't hurt, I mean, the two of you were on good terms. Plus it had been a week, and it would be nice to meet the people she had spoken so little about. "Yeah, you'd know all about making mistakes in marriage, seeing as you made mistakes in all four." His mother gasped as he began to walk to the door. "I will take your not-so-friendly-advice and go see her. And mom?" Taking a deep breath to stop from scolding him for his disrespect she nodded, "yes?" He stopped at the door way to turn around and look at her. "Please, leave my love life alone." Begrudgingly she nodded, waving him off with a 'Have fun.' Before Akaashi left his mother's home before returning to his own to pack for an impromptu trip to Hyogo. The drive there wasn't too bad he decided, it was calming, peaceful and it allowed him to sort out his thoughts. It had been a fairly busy week. The publishing company he worked for had him working till odd hours of the nights, Bokuto had called him on three separate occasions asking 'How to use the dishwasher' or 'why won't my oven turn off' and his personal favorite, 'why is my oven on fire'. That had been a fun one to explain to the apartment land lord. Perhaps worst of all, he hadn't been able to see his fiancée the whole week, and contact between he two had been limited. He figured she would be busy, five years is a lot of time to catch up on after all, but he would be lying if he said he didn't miss her. The drive was only about 3 hours, so he got there at just under noon. He didn't really know where she lived, so going to her house was a bit of a no go for now, but he figured he'd walk around a bit. He had never been to Hyogo after all, and the small town vibes were a welcomed change to the bustling city of Tokyo. "Can I help you?" Akaashi turned around to see a tall, fairly well built man with dark, parted hair come up to him looking at him with suspicion. "I don't know, I'm here visiting someone, but I don't know where they are, and they don't know I'm coming." Suna hummed in acknowledgement. "Who are you lookin' for? It's a small town so I might be able to tell ya where they might be." Akaashi's eyes slightly widened at this and his face got a little brighter. "Ah, I'm looking for Y/n L/n. I'm her fiancé." Suna was about to point him in the right direction but the last word of his sentence threw him off. "Wait, fiancé?" Akaashi nodded, "For just over a week." Suna shook his head, giving the man a confused gaze. "Y'can't be her fiancé, Y/n's married." Akaashi felt time itself come to a halt. 'No, it can't be. This is a friend of hers so he's probably playing a prank, right? She wouldn't- no she would have told me. But...I also don't know that much about her. Y/n...what haven't you told me.' "S-say that again." Suna looked a bit surprised at the man, but it quickly turned to one of sympathy when he got what might be going on. "Y/n's been married for about 8 years now. Wait, you didn't know." Akaashi silently and slowly shook his head side to side. "L/n automotive shop. Its downtown, Y'can't miss it. Pretty sure she'll be there." Akaashi looked at him "Thank you, really." Suna nodded, a small smile on his face, "No problem, you deserve to know."

*Meanwhile AT L/n automotive shop.*

"Two more weeks." Y/n sighed, she figured as much. "Sorry sweetheart, there's just nothin' more I can do, not with a busted engine anyway." Y/n smiled towards her father, giving him a quick hug. "Don't worry about it dad, it's not your fault. Plus, you're the best mechanic I know, so I have faith in you~" Her father chuckled as he walked back into his office. *Ding* the bell on the front door of the shop chimed. Y/n turned to see who had entered when she felt herself freeze. Standing in the doorway was none other than her fiancé. "U-um Keiji! HI! I-" He stopped her from continuing her sentence, he was doing his best as it was to keep his anger under wraps, but after what he had just learned? He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep it up. "When were you going to tell me." Y/n gulped, "Keiji, I can explain!" The look on his face was enough to render her speechless. It was pained, it showed hurt and most of all betrayal. "I don't want an explanation. Y/n." She snapped her mouth shut at hearing the tone of his voice. He was dead serious. And she knew she was in no position to be asking for him to listen. "I want the truth. About our relationship, about your previous relationship. I want to know what you've lied to me about, Y/n." The ding of the bell rung once again, and Mr. L/n had exited his office. "Ah, Shinsuke my son, come with me. Yer tractors almost- Y/n? Who's this?" Akaashi turned towards the door to see who had walked in, noticing Y/n's reaction to him entering. "Is that him?" He asks her, and she just nods. Akaashi mutters out an 'I don't believe this' while he started walking towards the door. "Keiji, wait! Please!" He stopped for a moment, looked her in the eyes before frustratingly sighing. "I just!- I need time....Y/n..." Without another word he left the shop, going back to his hotel to think things through. Shaking herself free of her trance she went to follow after him, try and fix things before they became unrepairable. But a firm grasp on her bicep stopped her, she turned around to see Kita with a regretful look on his face "Give him some time. Let him think things through before you go after him." Y/n's breathing was getting shallow as she started to freak out. Y/n's father pulled her into his chest and held her, comforting her with a comfort only a father could. "Shinsuke's right, honey, he needs time." He patted her shoulder as he headed back into his office. "Y/n." She turned toward Kita. He held his hand out to her, in it was a yellow folder. "I hope you fix things with him." He said before he gave her a final nod and walked out of the shop, hiding his pained and distraught expression from his wife. Y/n watched him leave as she wiped a tear from her eye. Opening the yellow folder, she scanned it just to see Shinsuke Kita signed in neat cursive on the line she had seen blank for so long. Shinsuke Kita had finally signed the darned divorce papers.

A/N: OuChiEs that hurted AND IM THE ONE THAT WROTE IT ☹ n e ways I hope you enjoyed...h a h a. I hope you have a nice night/day! Bye!