Chapter 3~ Ha ha...hi mom

The L/n family separated from their long awaited family hug and headed inside. "So," Mrs. L/n said as soon as the front door shut, walking over to the kitchen to prepare some tea. Y/n gulped. She knew exactly what that tone of voice meant when it came to her dear mother. It meant 'someone's about to be chewed out for their missing persons act for the past ½ decade.' Mr. L/n gave his daughter a firm pat on the back before moving to sit in his chair and finish the chapter of a book he had been reading. "What brings ya home N/n?" her mother said as she put the kettle on the stove top, letting it heat up while Y/n took a seat at one of the bar stools at the island. "O-oh, um. About that." Mrs. L/n raised a brow at her daughters actions while she brought out three tea cups from the cabinet. "And how come Shinsuke was the one to bring ya home? I thought y'all weren't on speakin' terms." Y/n sighed as she accepted the cup of hot tea from her mother, adding the sugar she wanted before taking a cautious sip. "We're not. I came here trying to get him to sign the papers, but my car broke down on the way, and he just so happened to be passing by, and...uh drove me here." Y/n's mom hummed as she made her and her husband their tea, bringing him his as she took a seat two stool away from Y/n. "So tell me Y/n." Y/n's eyes widened as she continued to innocently sip her tea. "What's been goin' on in yer life that yer too busy to visit yer dear ol' parents hm?" Y/n scooted further away in her seat, trying to put distance between her and her mother. Y/n nervously laughed as she put her hands up in surrender. "I-I meant to, really! I did! But, things just got really busy, Y'know?" Y/n's mom squinted her eyes at her daughter, call it a mother's intuition, but she knew the real reason her daughter had been avoiding Hyogo. And she had a fairly strong suspicion as to why she had come back in a rush. "What I want to know is, how come ya come back all of a sudden, still in yer work clothes, just to get Shinsuke to sign the divorce papers Hm?" Y/n knew this question was coming. And she knew she had no choice but to give the truth as her answer. "W-well...I kind of need them signed...like now..." Y/n looked away from her mother's E/c gaze and sighed walking over to her purse, slipping on her engagement ring, and walking back to where her mother was seated. Her mother turned to see what her daughter had to show her before coughing from the tea she was now choking on. "You- YOU'RE ENGAGED!?" Y/n nodded, "YOU NEVER EVEN TOLD US YOU WERE DATING!" Y/n slowly nodded her head as she kept her gaze towards the floor. "YOUR STILL MARRIED!!" Y/n winced as she closed her eyes. Mr. L/n stood up from his chair and put his book down before making his way over to his wife, slowly rubbing her back. "Does he know?" Mr. L/n calmly asked as Y/n sadly shook her head. Mrs. L/n's mouth was now hanging open as she stared at her daughter in shock. Y/n sadly looked up to her parents. "Mom...Dad...I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for leaving, and I'm sorry for being so distant its just...I know this is right. Please just trust me." Mr. and Mrs. L/n looked at each other before Mrs. L/n smiled and hugged her daughter tightly. "I know, and I trust ya sweetie. I just hate to see ya hurting all the time." Mr. L/n just returned to reading his book, hiding from the sadness he felt from the news that his daughter was actually getting divorced from Shinsuke, a man he considered his own son, and a very good man at that. "Oh, dad, my car got taken into the shop, right?" Her dad nodded as he reopened his book. "How long will it be until its fixed?" Her dad paused his reading as he looked up in thought, "Oh, I dunno, bout three weeks prolly." Y/n groaned. "Ok, um, I hate to intrude but.." Her mom smiled as she placed her hand on her shoulder "Yer more than welcome to stay with us." Y/n smiled back as she placed her hand softly on her mothers. "Thanks mom, dad." They both gave small nods and smiles. "Oh! I'll be right back, I'm just going to call my boyfri- fiancé." Mrs. L/n nodded with a smile, "Go on sweetie". Y/n walked onto the front porch, closed the door and unlocked her phone, dialing Akaashi's number and listening to the dial tone before she heard, "Hello?". "Hey baby!" Y/n smiled at his voice, remembering her original goal for this visit turned vacation. Okay Y/n, just get this thing with Shinsuke over with, and you can marry your dream man. "Y/n! How's Hyogo going?" Y/n smiled as she shifted her weight onto her left leg, right hand coming up to play with her neatly styled hair. "Well, my car broke down, and my dad said it'll be about three weeks until its finished..." Y/n said as she closed her eyes in frustration, her hand that was playing with her hair now gripping it. "Are you okay?" Y/n smiled and her features once again returned to her former more relaxed positions. That's Keiji for you, always such a sweetheart. "Yeah, I'm okay, I'm going to be stuck here for three weeks...I'm sorry Keiji.." "Why are you sorry? You didn't ask for your car to break down. Do you want me to pick you up? I really don't mind, I could swing by tomorrow if you wanted." Y/n shook her head, "Thanks baby, but, I think I'll stay...its just...its been awhile since I've been home, and I think a break from the city life might do me some good. You know?" She heard Akaashi chuckle on the other line of the phone. "Well, if this is what it takes for you to finally take a break, I suppose I can't complain. Enjoy your vacation, just text me once in a while to let me know you're still alive okay?" Y/n laughed, "I'll do my best, thanks Keiji. I love you~" although she couldn't see it he smiled on the other end "I love you too Y/n. Goodbye." "Bye." She hung up and headed back inside. "Oh, Y/n honey, I figured ya didn't bring any clothes with ya, so I got some of yer old clothes out of storage, you'll be stayin' in yer old room sweetie." Y/n said a quick 'thank you' to her mom before making her way back to her old bedroom, which she hadn't stepped foot in since she was 18...since the night before she got married... She walked into the room and immediately went to the closet, dying to get out of the pencil skirt and dress skirt she had been in all day. It was just past 6:00, so she slipped into a pair of comfortable gray sweatpants, and a loose white t-shirt. After a nice dinner with her parents she walked back into her room, took a quick shower, and hopped onto her old bed, still as comfortable as ever. She rolled onto her side and plugged in her phone before her eyes landed on a forgotten photo. Still in the frame it was put in 7 years ago was the picture of her graduation, which was the same day Shinsuke had proposed. She had chosen this specific photo over all the others because of their pose. Shinsuke was lightly holding her waist with his right hand while he had his left placed over hers, proudly showing off the simple yet elegant ring he had gotten her. She sighed at the memory, going to turn the photo face down when she hesitated. Something inside of her....wasn't letting her do it and she couldn't figure out why. Frustrated she turned off the lamp before she turned on her side, pushing the thoughts and feelings that were starting to arise.

*GOING BACK TO EARLIER THAT DAY, WILL NOW BE FOCUSING ON KITA*

Kita continued his drive to his original destination, his grandmother's house. He drove his red pick up truck to her house, parked and went inside. "Granny! It's Shinsuke." He heard the soft and quiet foots of his grandmother before the sweet woman rounded the corner, a soft and delicate smile sitting on her face. "Shin, you came!" Kita nodded as he bent down to allow his granny to give him a hug, one he obviously returned. "Do you have time for tea, Shin?" Kita nodded and took off his shoes, making his way into the kitchen to put away the fresh rice he had harvested earlier that day. Yumie (Yumie Kita is Kita's grandmother) started the kettle and prepared the teacups. After the water finished boiling and the tea had steeped, Yumie poured it into the two awaiting cups. They sat in peaceful silence for awhile before Kita decided to tell his grandmother the quite interesting news he had learned. "Y/n's back." Yumie's ears perked up at this information. Since Y/n had left, she had wanted nothing more than for the two of them to be re-united. And no, the sole reason was not cause she wanted grandkids (although that did play a part in it 😉). The biggest part was that she saw how the two had looked at each other all those years ago, the pure love that they held in their eyes for each other. "Oh? How wouldja know that?" Kita chuckled as he shook his head. To say he found the situation amusing was an understatement. Yes, it sucked she was still trying to divorce him, and yes it sucked she had been with another man after all, but he couldn't deny it was nice watching the farm-turned-city girl get a nice big dose of karma. "Cause I just so happen to be the one who just dropped er off at her parents house. I was on my way here when I saw her car on the side of the road, didn't expect it to be her though." Kita shrugged as he continued drinking his tea. Yumie hummed. "What's she doin' in Hyogo?" It was Kita's turn to sigh "Still tryin' to divorce me." Yumie shook her head. "I take it you two had a civil conversation this time?" Yumie raised an accusatory eyebrow at her Grandson, whose face was now sporting a smirk. "course." Yumie only shook her head, standing up from the table after muttering a 'hopeless' before she grabbed the now empty cups and placed them in the sink, before shooing her grandson back home. Yumie Kita is many things, and matchmaker might just be one of them.