Chapter 2~ You've got to be KIDDING ME

The drive to Hyogo was quiet, and pretty therapeutic honestly. Looking at the green rolling hills always seemed to calm Y/n's nerves a teenager, and that doesn't seem to have changed with age. It was about 4:00 in the afternoon or evening (idk what that counts as) and the sun was still in the sky, seeing as it was June. Everything was going fine, Y/n was rehearsing what she'd say to her husband as she was also trying to calm herself down. Everything was going great, until, *Hissssssss* Y/n's eyes widened as she quickly pulled her car over. 'no.no no no no. No! This Can NOT be happening!' Y/n quickly got out of her car, coughing at the steam that was now coming from her hood. She walked a fair distance away from the car and pulled out her phone, calling the local mechanic to send a tow-truck. She got off the phone and groaned, sliding a hand down her face, the stress from the day about to make her burst into tears. "Fancy seein' you here." Y/n winces at the all too familiar accented voice before she plasters a fake smile on her face, "Please, the pleasures all mine." Kita scoffed at the woman in front of him before looking at her smoking car. "Car troubles?" Y/n rolled her eyes. "Yup. But I already have a mechanic so you can just go- Wait. No don't go YOU need to do something first." Kita raised a brow at his spouse and crossed his arms over his chest "I do?" Y/n hummed before rummaging through her purse for the yellow folder she had come to despise. Y/n put on another fake smile before walking over and handing him the folder. "Your signature, please and thank you." Kita wearily took the folder, opened it, and skimmed over it before closing it and placing back in his dear wife's hands. "I've told you time and time again, No." Y/n huffed "Okay but WHY?! We literally haven't spoken for y e a r s, let alone spent one night under the same roof! Just, *sigh* sign the dang paper, please." Kita looked at Y/n, before turning around and heading back to his truck. "I touldja my answer countless times Y/n. I'm not signin' any papers." Y/n whined in frustration, hands coming up to grip at her hair. "UGHH This canNOT be happening!" Y/n groaned. Kita simply hopped back into the driver's side of the red pick up truck, and looked at her through the rolled down window on the passengers side. "Now, I take it the tow truck won't be here for what? 'Nother 2 hours?" Y/n begrudgingly nodded, eyeing the light haired man suspiciously. "You can either stay 'ere till its dark, or I can drop ya at home. You chose. Don't really affect me either way." Y/n weighed her options before groaning again and opening the passengers side door, setting her purse on the floorboard and shutting her door before buckling her seat belt. The ride to Y/n's childhood home was...awkward to say the least. Neither party was too keen on speaking, nor starting conversation for that matter, but the silence was deafening. They were driving for about 5 minutes when something shined into Kita's eyes, he was about to ask Y/n to move her phone, but when he looked over he quickly shut his mouth. Realizing it wasn't her phone that was making the reflection, but a ring. On her left ring finger. A ring he knew wasn't the one he had gotten her all those years ago. 'oh...so that's why she's so eager t'get divorced.' He looked back towards the road, deciding not to comment on it...not yet anyways. Ignoring the pang of pain he felt shoot through his heart, Kita let out a breath before speaking. "So," Y/n turned her head away from the window to look at him. "This the only reason yer back home?" He said as he nodded down to the folder shoved in her purse. Y/n nodded. "Yeah..." Kita hummed. "Yer folks know yer home yet?" Y/n squirmed in her seat before looking at him, meeting his golden brown gaze. "No...no body here knows. Well, at least other than you." Kita nodded. "Well, till yer car gets fixed, which with it as serious as it is it'll prolly be 'bout two weeks before ya can go back. I'll drop ya off at yer parent's house. I'd take ya back to our house, but it's not really ours anymore now is it?" Y/n winced at the words that came out of his mouth, realizing just how bad her situation really was. "My parents house will be fine." Y/n said as she crossed her arms and turned, looking out of the window. Unknowingly she started to fiddle with her engagement ring...uh oh. Quickly but quietly she slipped it off and into her purse, desperately hoping he hadn't seen it. But...surely he would have said something, right? Of course he would! In the 20+ years you've known this man, he's always been blunt, almost to a fault. But you grew to see it as one of his best features. Shinsuke was always honest, not brutally, but truthful. He was always calm and collected, and great at giving advice! You loved Shinsuke, you really did! But...things got hard...you both were going through rough times, and instead of turning to each other for comfort, you turned on each other. At the time, leaving seemed to be Y/n's only option out. It was the 'easy way out' yes, but when her head was always spinning and she felt suffocated, the best option seemed to be to just...start over. So, when 2 years later she was working for a successful company and living her best life, and a wonderful and sweet guy just came into her life...she didn't have it in her to turn him down. Not when the feelings were mutual! She hated not telling Akaashi about this, and she felt terrible! But what could she do? Waltz into his home and casually tell him that the whole time you've been dating you've been married? How about how your name is still Y/n Kita? How you haven't really ever gotten over your first love...You can't just tell him that it'll break him! But you can't just not tell him either...My, my, what a tangled web we weave indeed. Deciding to not bring it up at all Y/n continued to face the window while Kita continued to face the road, silence once again overtaking the red pick up truck. 10 more minutes and they had made it to Y/n's childhood home. Nostalgia filled her soul as she hopped out of the truck and grabbed her purse. Y/n sighed, shoulders slumping with defeat as she turned around to look at Kita through the still open window. "Thanks...for driving me. But don't think this is over, you will sign those papers!" Kita just waved her off before restarting the engine, looking up to her with that small charming, sweet smirk "Don't worry 'bout it. And I can guarantee ya, that won't be happenin'." He started pulling out of the driveway before sticking his head out of the window and, "besides, you've got bigger things to worry 'bout." He yelled as he left the L/n residence and drove back to his home. Y/n glared at the truck as he drove away. 'Oh...it's on Shinsuke! This isn't o-' Y/n's thoughts were interrupted by a sweet voice echoing through her ears, a voice she had missed very much. "Y/n?" Y/n whipped around to see her mom and dad coming out of the front door. "Y/n s'that you honey?" Y/n's face held a lopsided grin as she nodded, "Hey mom, Hey dad" She barely finished her sentence before she was captured in a bone crushing hug by her parents. It seems like a nice moment, a sweet and innocent moment, unfortunately that was the calm before the storm. Y/n knew that, Kita knew that and Mr. L/n knew it. 'that brat'