Chapter 39: Controlling

A week later...

It's been a week now since I started training about to perfect my powers without using my headphones. And that quickly proved to be a big challenge. I never realized how powerful I really was without my headphones.

Like the other day, I caused a blackout in my house. I also caused a huge lightning storm that almost caused a fire in our home. I also almost injured Soyeon again after lightning randomly shot out of me.

Anyway we were now in the dining room eating breakfast. Yes, Soyeon and Jiwoo are still living with us. We also check in on the others from time to time.

"So, dad, what are you gonna teach me today?" I asked.

"I'm gonna teach you how to control your lion." my dad said.

"O-okay" I said.

That's what I was most nervous about controling. I mean last time I turned into a lion I hurt my girlfriend and I don't want to accidently do that again.

'Hopefully I won't hurt anyone this time.' I thought.

Sensing my distress, Soyeon placed her hand over mine.

"Babe, everything will be fine." Soyeon said.

"Okay" I said.

I held her hand and smiled at her. We then continued to eat and talk.

After a while...

We were now outside in our backyard.

"Okay, (Y/N), are you ready?" my dad asked me.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"Yeah" I said.

"Now in order to become the lion and control it, you must overpower it." my dad said.

"What do you mean by overpower it?" I asked.

"You know how when you changed into a lion, you didn't remember what happened right?" my dad said.

"Yeah" I said.

"Well that's cause the lion overpowers you. But you have to overpower the lion." my dad said.

"And how do I do that?" I asked.

"You have to defeat it inside your mind." my dad said.

"Inside my mind?" I asked.

"Yes, follow me." my dad said.

Dad sat in a meditation position and I copied him.

"Now close your eyes." my dad said.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"Open them" my dad said.

When I opened my eyes was inside a cave.