03. Lights, Camera, Play the Wedding Bells

Beginne am Anfang

This caught the blonde's attention and she lifted her head up. "What favor?"

"In order to make our marriage more believable, Hayden decided that we should arrange for a fake wedding photoshoot." Flora explained. "And I need you to be my fake bridesmaid."

"So you want me lie?" Indiana questioned with a raised brow. "To the Queen and King of Italy! If they found out I helped you with this lie, I could be arrested!"

"Indiana."

"They could throw me in their dungeon!"

"Indiana."

"Or worse, they could have me BEHEADED!"

"Indiana!"

The frantic blonde turned to her friend meeting Flora's desperate gaze. She recalled the many times Flora had been there for her: when her parents divorced, when she fell off her bike and broke her wrist, even her first car accident. She knew she could not deny Flora the help she sought, especially not after everything they have been through together. Indiana took her seat back next to Flora and enveloped her in a reassuring hug. She rested her chin on Flora's ashy brown locks.

"My bridesmaid dress better make me look smoking hot." Indiana joked, causing the brunette to chuckle.

* * *

The two friends stood in the back alleyway of their apartment building waiting for Hayden to arrive. Indiana brushed through her blonde curls readjusting them for the fiftieth time since they left their apartment.

"Diana, your hair looks fine." Flora stated as she swatted her friend's hands out of her hair.

"I am meeting the Prince of Italy, I have to look presentable." Indiana pouted.

"Just promise me you won't faint again." Flora replied and Indiana's cheeks turned a light shade of red.

"Oh, shut it." Indiana said. "Your prince charming is late."

Flora pushed the down the gown in her arm back so she could view the time on her phone. Hayden was indeed ten minutes late now.

"I wonder what is taking him so long." The blonde next to her shrugged her shoulders as a response to Flora's comment.

       "I still don't get why you decided to use that old thing, when we could have easily bought a new dress." Indiana said.

       Flora looked down at the white gown covered by the clear plastic bag. A smile formed on her face as she flattened out any wrinkles.

       "It's my something old." Flora grinned. "My grandma gave it to me before she passed away."

"That reminds me." Indiana opened up her nude clutch and rummaged through it. "This is your something borrowed."

Indiana handed the velvet box to Flora. Inside there was a pair of earrings, but not just any earrings. They were the Evans heirloom, passed down to every bride on their wedding day.

"Indiana." Flora turned to her friend with a grateful smile. She enveloped her friend in a hug. "Thank you."

As the pair pulled away, they heard the sound of tires running over the concrete gravel. Two black Lincoln Navigators entered the alleyway and parked in front of the awaiting friends. Antonio stepped out of the first vehicle and opened the door, the chauffeur for the second car copied his actions. Hayden stepped out of the first car, flawlessly like always.