"Ava." She looked up, meeting the eyes of both Newt and her brother. "What are you doing?" Thomas asked.

"Freaking, Minho made me do another lap and I fell over and I just-" she stopped to take a breath, pushing her hair from her face.

"You're obviously in pain, Ava." Thomas points out.

"Beauty is pain, Tommy. I hate to break it to you, but there's beauty in everything. If I can't do it, I can't do it. I'm just gonna gave to admit Gally was right and I was wrong." The two boys share a look, and Ava stares at them confused.

"Come on."

"What?" She asks as they both help her up.

"Your halfway done, I'm sure it'll do us all good to get a little exercise." Newt relied with a smile.

"This isn't a race though, okay. I'm looking at you Thomas." Thomas smirked.

"You just don't like it when I win." She glares at him. "Fine. Not a race." After the three of them had a gentle run back to Minho, he didn't look very happy with her.

"You took too long, Ava." He complained.

"I still did it. Now if you don't mind, I'm going for some much needed dinner, if you care to join me and please leave the grumpy Minho at the maze." She smiles, patting him on the shoulder.

-----

"Chuck, Chuck, stop it." Ava complained, batting his hand away.

"Can't I just-" he muttered, reaching over again.

"Eat what's on your plate."

"But I just-"

"No." She says. Chuck puts his head down with a frown. Ava let's out a groan, pushing her plate towards him. "Okay fine. Just take it. I'm not hungry anyways." She starts to get up, only to be stopped by someone grabbing her clothes.

"You need to eat something." Minho said, causing everyone else at the small table to look at her.

"I'm fine. Really."

"What have you eaten today?" Thomas asked, looking at his sister in concern.

"She had half of her breakfast and nothing to eat yesterday." Newt pointed out.

"Can you guys stop looking at me like that? I'm good. I can go a little while longer." She assures them, tugging her jacket away from Minho and turning walking away, only to bump straight into Gally.

"Watch were you're going, Greenie!" He seethed.

"It's not like I did it in purpose." She replied, really not liking his mood.

"Don't talk back to me. That'll be the second time, and I don't take well to backchat." Gally said, raising his eyebrows.

"Backchat? Your joking right?" Ava asked with a laugh. "It's how a conversation works. It wouldn't be very interesting if I just stood while you spat in my face- thank you for that by the way.

"Did you not listen to a word I just said?" He asked with a sudden aggression and tightly gripping her wrist.

"Gally, let go." Thomas said, standing. "I mean it."

"What if I just, I don't know, break her wrist?" Something then came over her, a feeling of bravery. With her free hand, she grabbed the lower half of Gally's arm, twisting it behind his back, causing him to let go with a yelp.

"You're gonna break my wrist? How about I break you arm?" She spat. "Don't ever put hands on me again, alright, or I'll-" she stopped when she realized what was going on. She backed away a little, overwhelmed in fright. She turned and ran away from all the staring eyes and towards somewhere she would feel safe and secluded. She was at the edge of the Glade, her barely exposed back pressed against the cold stone wall. She didn't know what came over her. It's scary, not being in control of your own body, your own thoughts. She squeezed her eyes shut, images of her dream, or -a more fitting name- nightmare, flashed across her eyelids, accompanyed by an uncomfortable buzzing that sat in her brain and she felt herself start to tremble. She clamped her hands over her ears as tears started to fall. She felt as though she was going insane. Then, she felt a cold pair of hands on her arms as they slowly pulled them from her ears. She opened her eyes, and everything stopped. The buzzing and the images just faded away. All she was left with now, was her teary eyes meeting Newt's as he crouched in front of her.

"Are you okay?" He asked, yet she was at a loss for words. She wanted to say everything at once, yet nothing wanted to leave her mouth. So instead, she just threw her arms over him. She misjudged the distance that was actually between them, as Newt then ended up on his back, holding Ava as she hovered above him.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. A smile etched it's way onto the edges of his lips as he leant up, pressing his to hers for a moment.

"You don't have to be sorry, Dimples. I'm worried about you."

"Don't be worried, I'm fine. Just nervous about having to go into the maze tomorrow." She replied, subconsciously furrowing her brows as she thought about it. Like, actually thought about it. She wondered why that wierd monster hadn't taken her the first time she came across it, not that she was complaining. It had a good look at her before she passed out, yet it just left her alone. Maybe it wasn't used to seeing women in the maze.

"What are you thinking about?" Newt asked, breaking her from her thoughts.

"Nothing." Newt sat up, meaning Ava was now sitting on his lap.

"It's not nothing, is it? Not if it's bothering you." She gazed at him for a moment, trying to figure out how to tell him, without him knowing about the creature. She instead, she lied.

"I was thinking, that I'm very tired and you're looking extra comfortable this evening." He smiled.