Spent The Night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Ten
~~~~~~

Chapter Ten~~~~~~

"Percy-"

He was casting a Charm. He lowered his wand as the bell ran, and exited the classroom. The corridor seemed to be spinning, like the stone walls weren't even there. The torch light flickered. He felt his hand being grabbed, fingers interlaced. He was pulled into a familiar alcove, her lips greeted his.

"Percy-" Aenwyn called once more.

He opened his eyes with a jolt, lifting his head from the desk it had been resting on. He shook his head, rubbing his eyes, and then after setting his glasses back on his nose, he blinked to adjust to the sunlight.

"You fell asleep while writing your report." He watched as the witch moved to draw the window shut, and then sat on the arm of the sofa watching him curiously.

"What time is it?"

"It's morning." She answered with a small smile.

"I better be getting to work-" He commented, his chair scraping the floor as he stood up.

"Percy-"

His eyes landed on her, and he raised his eyebrows awaiting her reply.

"It's the weekend. I have to open shop. You're welcome to stay, if you'd like."

"I'd better run home. See to it my mother doesn't need me for anything." He turned to leave, levitating his travelling cloak from the coat rack that had dried overnight. But before he left he halted in his tracks. He was still alarmed and distracted from his dream. It had been about Penny. Hadn't it?

With a surge of butterflies, he turned, approached the girl and held his lips dangerously close to her own. He heard her inhale. The corners of his lips pulled upwards in amusement. "I'll be back." He whispered, and then placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Mum, I'm back." He started to climb the stairs.

Ginny was smirking from the lounge. He quickly changed into a fresh set of clothes, pulling his maroon sweater over his head, and fed Errol a treat. He was jogging back down the staircase, when he was met with the curious glances of the room. "Where is mum?" He asked.

Hermione peeked over the top of her book, only for a moment. Percy noticed the girl, but then confirmed to himself Harry and Hermione were staying with them for the Quidditch cup.

The twins flanked either side of him. "Are you going out again Perc?" Fred asked.

"So soon?" George added.

Percy frowned. "I was up all night writing my cauldron report, and I've business to do in Diagon Alley today." He spoke, straightening his wrist watch. "Tell mother I'll be gone, if you'd be so kind."

When he returned to the Cauldron Shop, he let himself into the store front. Aenwyn looked positively cheerful. There were a few customers lingering around a set of brass cauldron's. When his eyes drifted back to Aenwyn who was leaning forward on the counter, he found her eyes already traced to him.

He walked over to her, glancing bashfully down at his shoes. "Can I be of assistance?" He asked, leaning on the counter as well.

She instead tore her eyes from him and resumed watching the customers. "I think I am alright for now." she spoke in a low tone. "I like your sweater." She added.

He smiled at the compliment, and leaning in this close to her he could smell the flowery scent of her hair. "I like your shampoo." He returned to his full height before she could reply, and made to busy himself with scourgifying some of the cauldrons on display. Occasionally he'd glance over his shoulder at her, and occasionally he'd catch her gaze.

He waited until Aenwyn had checked out the customers, and as the bell clanked against the shop door, they were left alone. Aenwyn moved over to the opposite wall and propped up the ladder.

Percy stopped musing with the task he had set himself, and held it still for her.

"Thank you." She commented, when noticing his presence. "Why is it, you keep looking at me?" She asked.

"I could ask you the same question." he replied, his cheeks growing pink nethertheless. He offered her his hand as she stepped down, and she gave a flirtatious look up at him before dropping his hand. He watched as she moved yet again behind the store counter, and something caused his throat to constrict.

The rest of the day was spent with customers coming through the shop. The weekend seemed a popular time to buy cauldrons. Apparently this year, the Quidditch cup brought a high demand for cooking cauldrons for tailgates.

By the time the sales had stopped, it was well after sunset.  In fact, Percy noted the way the orange glow had cast through the shop windows, reaching Aenwyn's eyes to create golden flecks among them.  This observation was in a passing moment when she looked to him, informing that the current customer had ordered ten brewery cauldrons. 

"I hope they don't get too tipsy." She smiled as she left his side. 

As she had whisked away back toward the Warlock, he found himself overly bemused.

Now he looked to the darkness outside the window, wondering how the night had came so quickly.

Aenwyn went to the door, flipping the sign to signal the shop was closed. She pivoted, and then with a yawn, leaned against the door itself.

Letting out such a primal instinct, caused Percy to do the same, however shielding his mouth politely.

"Are you tired?" She commented.

"No, not really." He replied, knowing he yawned in mock.

"Come on then!" Her eyes lit up. After she grabbed his arm, the witch couldn't drag him fast enough from the shop, and out into the Alley.

"What are we doing?" He asked, noticing his arm was his again.

"Going for a walk. Isn't the Alley magnificent at night?" She took a few steps walking backwards. "It's one of my favorite things to do." She waited for him to fall in step beside her, and they continued on.

The entire time though, nerves pounded through Percy's chest like footsteps of a heard of Hippogriffs. He doubted Aenwyn would mind, having this carefree, yet incredibly intelligent personality. About two stores up from where they started, he reached out his hand nervously. Bumping into the back of her own hand, he was rightfully pleased when he felt her own fingers interlock with his own.

~~~~~~~~~~
Dedications @emelie_H_79
Thank you!