Impatience

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Eight

Percy was growing immensely irritable.  He had spent the week staying at the ministry late, and then continuing his report at home despite the constant annoying shrieks and hollers of his insane red head siblings. 

Being confined to both the Burrow and work seemed such a suffocating thing.  However he knew exactly why he had grown so distraught. 

"More pancakes Percy?" Mrs. Weasley asked, currently sending them through the air to all the other already cleaned plates of her bottomless bellied sons. 

"No mum, I Really most go." 

"Well best be sure to thank Mr. Potage for helping you with this report." 

He felt the glances of all his siblings, as they smirked at the one thing their mother was not aware. 

"Fred what in Merlin's name is the matter with you?!" Mrs. Weasley scorned, placing her hands on her hips in disapproval as he was in a fit of giggles, the water he was drinking dripping onto the table. "Oh nothing. Just want to make sure Perc here does indeed thank Mr. Potage. He is a very beautiful person."  He then proceeded to wink at Percy.

Percy retaliated by smacking his brother with the prophet in his hand. "Goodbye" He said in a hostile tone.

Upon entering Diagon Alley his mood had lifted greatly. His hands were shoved in his work slacks, and polished shoes continued hitting the cobbled street as he progressed further.

There was a slight hesitation before he opened the door to the shop and entered.

"There you are!" Aenwyn said burlling from behind the counter and throwing her arms around him.

He felt his cheeks get hot, and felt a weird feeling from her closeness.

She pulled away, her eyes looking with amusement up to him. She smirked to herself. "Why Percy, I didn't mean to make you blush."

All he could do was swallow, his throat seeming like it was closing off as her hand still rested on his arm. "No-Er-" he shook his head. "It's a hot day."

She seemed to ignore his comment sucking in a large breath before letting out "Do you want to help run the shop with me today?" With her eyes filled with question and anticipation.

"Er-of course." 

Her face lit up. "Yeah? Thank you."  She waves as for him to follow. "Come." She said, retreating to the back, only once sure he was behind her. "I've just been sorting potion ingredients, but no matter. I'll have to help customers soon."

"I could sort them-". He offered respectively.

"No." She said with a twinkle in her eye. "Your very well suited at the register, and besides it'll keep me company."

She finished stowing away two ingredients before leading him back out to the storefront. Percy leaned against the counter awkwardly waiting for instruction. That's when she stood in front of him. He was cornered, forced to look down into the depths of her eyes. Her hair framed her face. He suddenly felt a need to fix his glasses so they were straight and not crooked.

"You have freckles" She stated matter of factly.

He took this moment to shove his glasses up his nose and break the borderline suffocating eye contact.

"They're rather cute Percy."

He didn't know how else to respond than with a small grin out of nerves. She turned around, checking her accounts. "Okay so, business is fine. I'd be shocked if we have a customer today though."

"Surely there will be customers." Percy contradicted, scratching his arm.

She swiveled her head to gaze out the windows. "I doubt it. Who would want to be stuck inside this dingy shop on such a gorgeous day?!"

"I'm here by the will of my own." Percy spoke.

She looked up from behind her thick lashes. "Oh I'm sorry, keeping you here."

"No, I don't mind it any-"

"I shouldn't have asked for you to help out all day!" She ran a hand through her hair biting her lip in a guilty matter. "You probably have loads of work with your job at the ministry-".

"Aenwyn." Percy stated.

She stopped her endless rambling as he leaned casually against the counter. The light filtered from outside the window unto his combed hair. He was looking at her behind his glasses, eyes holding direct contact that wasn't often with his shy nature. "The sun may be outside, but you're in here." He hummed, and she wondered if ever a phrase contained such sentiment.

She felt frozen, her breathe hitched caught in a sort of trance. Perhaps her mouth hung agape, though she wasn't sure. At that moment the reality hit hard, like a broom hurdling full speed for a sudden wall. She was completely smitten with Percy Weasley.

"Erm-" his ears turned pink, and he shifted uncomfortably upon registering what he said.

Aenwyn walked forward, noticing the growing confusion in the wizard before her. She pressed her lips to his cheek in a kind manner. She smiled bashfully, avoiding his gaze and then slipped into the back room. As she closed the door, she leaned her back against it, the corners of her mouth forming one of the giddiest smiles.

She heard a knock against the door. "Er- Aenwyn?" He called politely.

She opened it to find him full height standing just before her. "Do you think the shop could spare it if we went for an ice cream?"

Percy returned home, practically glowing. He was just through the lounge, when George stared at him with exasperation.

"For the sake of Merlin, is that lipstick on your cheek?" He tested jokingly.

"What?!" Percy stammered defensively.

"And when will we be meeting this Mr. Pottage?"

"It is not lipstick that's absurd. And never, for the last time our business is strictly professional." Percy stated.

"That would depend on the type of profession wouldn't it." George laughed to himself at causing his brother's anger.

Why did his mother have twins? Joke making twins that spent every waking hour acting a fool?
Percy gritted his teeth and then climbed the burrow stairs to return to his room.