Chapter 2) Reflections

*** Loki's POV ***

Long and agonizing as the walk was. Loki sill opted to stay of the road in case patrol officers would spot him. he knew all too well that Midgard's routes are infested by its law holders.

Not that they were going to recognize him, with his unkept scruffy hair so long that it reached his shoulder blades with ease. Added with a currently bruised up swollen face and the plain looking lose hanging garments he was wearing.
They'd probably just see a gaunt unkept man and judging on the human survival changes of the place, close by death's door as well.

His thirst and severely sunburned exposed skin, are a permanent reminder for the god to keep on walking. Judging by the fact he had been walking for ten hours straight now and the sun hadn't set yet, it must have been morning when he had arrived, as well as clearly summer season. No wonder it was so warm.

One thing Loki knew for sure by now. That he was absolutely done with how his life had been, the past six years after his half attempted siege on New York. He really had to think about his next moves from now on.

Cause he had escaped imprisonment seven times by now and had been recaptured every time, except for this time. Plus being hunted down again by Midgard's government, heroes or even mutants, was the last thing he wished for. At least Asgard their all seeing eyes couldn't track him, so that had to count for something.

He had become a known top notch villain on Midgard. Well actually in all of the nine realms by now.
Even though he hadn't killed any mortal on purpose lately, nor had he attempted something as New York again.
He honestly didn't want to rule Midgard, nor had he the ambition to rule at all, since his cognitive recalibration by hulks hands.

Also if any mortal had died where he was involved with. It was rather collateral damage that happened while fighting the avengers, or the so called "X men" and other vigilantes who had the nerves to try.

Usually he won the fight, or got out just in time to run and have his revenge and other day. Which one of the two, depended on who he was up against. Although on the moments that he had failed and got detained again, it was clear that the Heroes had needed to outnumber him on many aspects.
The thought of that, made a small grin appear on his chapped lips. He only had a few more miles to go.

Another fun fact he had a few encounters with, was that not only did some of Midgard's mortals have a hobby called "hero spotting", they seem to do the absolute same with their villains and well sought after criminals.

The villain spotters were a plague for people like him. Luckily he didn't have a lot of encounters with them yet, but he had to admit that he pitied the coworkers that were caught cause of them.

He had never tried to hurt them, when it did happen that they snapped a shot of him though. Which was a rare occasion comparing to the other villains, but admittedly it did annoy him a lot. Also he did like to scare them off, when he could.
Nothing all to traumatising. Just enough, to hopefully scare the hobby out of of the petty mortal.

He usually got spotted by them, when he was recognizably dressed. Mostly it was right before going into a fight with the heroes and lucky for him the pictures were not the most detailed either.

The mortal who did, usually stood frozen to their place trembling out of utter fright. Well,... he couldn't blame them. It appeared to be a dangerous hobby in practice, according to the new channels around the world. Some had been found dead because of it.

Their ensemble of fools usually existed out of geeks, snotty teens, young adults alike, wannabes, hybristophiliacs, collectors and even some well-known influencers.