18

kyungmi arrived to jeno's house quite early from work. she knew jeno was working still so sunhi was being babysat by jaemin.

"oh hey kyungmi! you scared me." jaemin said as he brought over sunhi to her.

"sorry nana. how was she?" kyungmi asked as she grabbed the giggling baby from her.

"crying a lot as usual but she eventually calmed down and everything went smoothly." he told her, grabbing a cup and filling it with water.

"thank you for babysitting and im sorry for all her cries. seems like she's only really calm with jeno and i." kyungmi said with a small chuckle.

"not surprising. she's a soulmate baby. her job is to bring you two closer together." jaemin said as he sat down next to her.

"soulmate.." kyungmi muttered, a small smile forming on her lips.

jaemin's eyes brightened as he saw her smile when said the word and realized she was starting to believe in it.

just then, jeno came through the door, suit in a mess and blue hair going in all sorts of directions. kyungmi smiled at him, finding him extremely attractive in such a state.

sunhi squealed at the sight of him, making jeno's eye smile form. he went over to them and attacked both kyungmi and sunhi in a wide hug, all three giggling together.

"ive never felt so single." jaemin said, making all of them laugh.

"thanks for babysitting nana." jeno said as he composed himself, standing up and straightening down his suit.

"no problem. i'll see you guys next time." jaemin said. they bid their goodbyes, leaving jeno and kyungmi sitting on the couch with sunhi.

"you know, i'm really enjoying this so far." jeno said as he wrapped an arm around kyungmi's waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

kyungmi bounced sunhi on her knee, heat rushing towards her cheeks.

"i am too, jeno." kyungmi replied when suddenly, jeno placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

kyungmi jolted up, knowing her face was as red as a tomato.

"i'm gonna set sunhi down to play and then go and make dinner." kyungmi squeaked out, quickly putting sunhi down in the crib like play pen and hurried into the kitchen.

jeno sat there, dumbfounded but also finding her embarrassed state pretty cute.

he made his way over to the kitchen, giving kyungmi a back hug and scared her.

"uh-um- jeno! im trying to c-cook." kyungmi stuttered as she felt jeno's hot breath on her neck.

"i'm not constricting you from that. i just needed a hug." jeno said, sniffling a bit.

kyungmi turned around to face him, coming face to face with his tear filled eyes.

"jeno, whats wrong?" she asked softly, cupping one side of his face and gently rubbing her thumb on his cheek.

"i don't have a good feeling about narae. i don't want her to ruin anything you and i have. i know it hasn't been long, maybe like three weeks? but youre really important to me and i don't want that messed up." jeno said as a test slipped down his face.

"she won't. we're soulmates. nothing can ruin us." kyungmi said and looked into jeno's eyes to which he did the same.

jeno's gaze flickered from her eyes to his lips and kyungmi did the same. the two fluttered their eyes shut and leaned in, closing the gap.

their lips connected and the two felt their hearts bursting. their tattoos glowed and they both felt as if they were in the air. the kiss was magical and ethereal.

the two finally separated their lips, their eyes glistening as they stared at each other with a small smile on their faces.

"thank you for being my soulmate." he said softly.

"thank you for being mine."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"not exactly the words i was looking for but they kissed! guys my couple kissed! this is amazing!"

the group of boys gathered around the other boy's orb, looking at the couple who had eyes only for each other.

"soon."