layla- 14

Hellooo, intro yada yada, enjoy the chapter, have a nice time reading, sorry if I accidentally post it like this I also might have already put in that song, but I'm gonna do it again just in case I didn't~

After Shiro and I had laughed it out, we picked up our plates and joined Adam on either side of the couch. I heard a chorus of 'bonks' and 'ow's come from the TV as I sat down on Adam's right. "Sorry," I apologize, glancing at Adam before settling back into the artificial black leather that made up our couch.

Keith's Pov-

"It's cool, it's just a bit early that's all." He answers, turning to me to give me a small smile before he resumes eating his bacon, watching the TV. 

---

"Bye idiot! Don't fail!" Shiro yells as he drops me off. He and Adam had insisted that they dropped me off like some 6 year old. I chuckle as I make my way into the library, I might have lied when I told them that my school start at 8:15.

Okay, I did lie. I admit to myself as I lift my fingers, waving to the librarian who still looked half asleep. School starts at 8:45, so I still have time to get my shit together before I have to deal with mouth breathers all day.  

As I walked over to my favorite bookshelf, picking out a new book.  I sat down, flipping to the first page as I see two people who like they're arguing down the hallway.  "So, you're telling me you have the audacity to come here and insult me." I overhear as I sit down at a table, that inconsequently had a view straight into the hallway. I decided to listen in more as I open the book on to of the table, pretending to read as I easdropped. 

"When I have finally come to terms with who I am am, and what I want. Then you come here, spitting out insults from the two pieces of shit you call a mouth. You realize that this is high school, and most of us have no idea what is going with ourselves right now? Hell! You probably don't even know what or who you're gonna be yet? Do you?" I hear them argue faintly, freezing to listen in on what looked like the smaller person chewing someone out. I watch as the smaller one jabs a finger at the taller one before continuing. "No you don't, yet you have to the balls to come and insult others and myself."

I watch in amazement as the smaller one stalks off into the library, the light shining down from a high up window allows me to finally see their face. They had a more feminine face, a light dusting of freckles covered their nose and cheek bones. When the walked into a certain spot, it made their glasses all white. Looking like one of those anime characters. Then when I looked at their body when they walked by, they were flat-chested, wearing cargo shorts with a green T-shirt and a white long sleeve shirt under it. 

I look back over to the hallway to find a stocky boy with a black undercut and malice in his eyes leaning in the doorway. "What'er you lookin at emo shit?" He slurs, eyebrows almost touching his eyes as he frowned deeply. "Asshole," I mutter underneath my breath as turn to the smaller one who had walked off. Seeing that they had sat at a nearby table, holding an astrology book similar to mine. I could only see their frowning eyebrows from the top edge of the book as they read.

"What?" They ask, plopping the book down in their lap as they stare at me from a few feet across. "Nothing, j-just you. How you totally chewed out that guy. He's such an ass, so thank you." I admit, stuttering from their surprisingly scary stare. 

"Huh, he did the same to you once?" They ask, cocking an eyebrow as they close their book, sliding it onto their table as they lean forward. "Yeah, all the time." I answer, closing my book aswell

"Shhhh," I hear from one of the ladies at the library desk. Causing a few heads to turn her way as they looked up from their books. Before Green and I locked eyes as we both look back at each other. 

"Hey Emo Shit," they start. Using my newfound nickname from the stocky asshole, as they push up their glasses as they started to fall down the bridge of their nose. "What's your name?" Green asks, scooting their chair forward a little more as they whisper. "Guess." I prompt, wanting to hear the ideas that they might come up with. 

"Huh, okay. I might get along with you yet." 

"Uhh," they say as they started to ponder. "Layla," they shoot out. Causing me to snort, covering my mouth as I watch the top of the librarian's head turn my way. I instinctively shrink down in my seat, rounding my back as I slunk lower in my chair.  

"Idiot!" I hear them whisper shout to me, a smile carved onto their face. 

I scowl as I look back over to them, still sunken down in my seat. I attempt to shimmy my way back up into my original position. As I turn my shoulders I could hear Green snickering as they watched. 

Once I had finally given up and just moved my chair I turned over my phone that previously laying face down on my table. Turning it over I saw the numbers that read 8:42, "shit" I curse softly before turning to them again. 

"Hey dude," I started as I stood up. Beginning to pack all my things together before continuing. "It's 8:42, we need to go to class!" I whisper shout to them, causing them to shoot up from their seat. Shoving the astrology book back on the shelf before rushing over to help me pack away my things. I mutter a 'thank you' as they pick up the book that I had been reading, shoving it on the shelf as they did with theirs as they turned back to me. I noticed their eyes were a brilliant green, with small flecks of gold in them. 

"I really like your eyes," I blurt out as we both rush out of the library, apparently heading in the same direction. As we rush past small groups of people, I hold out my hand. Still huffing as we ran, they took it. Shaking it as we exchanged names, 

"Pidge, and thank you," They answered. 

"Keith, nice to meet you." I said as the bell rang. 

We both let out a small laugh as we let go of each other's hands, splitting from our paths as we both rush into our classrooms. 

---

Word Count- 1154

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it. It was fun to finally get out an argument scene I've had in my head for a while. So that was nice, and also the fact that I got to write and change up Pidge's personality a bit. But their personality won't change drastically, I'll slowly go back to canon as we see more of them. (Also, in my opinion, I've always just viewed Pidge as non-binary)

Ryan out!