Unspoken Words

"Darn it, not again."

"How do we keep losing them!" Trixie exclaimed, waving her hands in frustration.

"I don't know, I really thought we had them this time." Eli muttered, disappointed laced in his voice. Rubbing his forearm on which the cloth had gone subfusc by the flare.

"All she did was counter attacks, she didn't even land any direct hits on us!"

"Well that red eyed guy and his troops did keep us quite busy." Kord pointed, stretching his aching arms for some comfort.

"What Pronto doesn't understand is that what did they wanted from here?"

Eli's eyes wandered around himself, searching for a particular person upon Pronto's query.

"Mr Lockwood!" Eli jogged towards the old man who sat on the soil with his head in his hands, his friends trailing behind.

"Mr Lockwood, are you okay?" He bent down to level him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

The old man glanced up at him and then the rest of his gang. Shaking his head in dismay, he spoke "I tried my best to hold back. It didn't work. I had to sign the contract."

Glances of confusion shared amongst the gang members.

"Wait you mean the papers Leona was holding earlier? What were they?" Trixie questioned.

"A bargain to acquire quarter of the cavren's land."

Their eyes widened and they held gazes at eachother.

"That much? They could be planning to build another station sector there."

"Or maybe a citadel division,"

"Or..maybe a dark water transplant." Eli whispered. "Oh no." Realisation hit him im the head like a Rammstone. "They are planning to take control of this cavren."

"And I gave them access to the first step of that treacherous scheme." Mr Lockwood raved, taking his head in his hands again while all the hope inside of him drained.

"No, sir, its not your fault." He consoled.

"You tried everything you could. Its us, we should've been there earlier."
His eyes flickering to his friends tinted with the emotions of regret. "We should've stopped this. But we failed."

He knew he always had to stay alert and active in a mission. One slip and Blakk could get away with his plans.
The fear of it making him blame himself for when it would happen.

"No my son." He feebly stood up, upon hearing the Shane's voice of despair. "You are more than what you think of yourself."

Grabbing both of his shoulders, he continued. "I am only a mere minster, but you, you are the Shane. I know this heavy title must stress you to no extent. But let me tell you, you are not alone."
His eyes shone proudness as if a commander giving hope to his young soldier.
"I have faith in you, all of you. You wont let Slugterra crumble apart. I know it."

The words coming out of his mouth giving a great amount of encouragement and determination to the gang members.

To Eli, he felt the brimming tears on the edge of his eyes. Something triggered in his heart.

His words reminding him of his father and imaging the old man in his appearance.

He hadn't felt that much pressure released off him since he began his journey.

He remembered his father giving him encouragement often times in his past, when he told stories about Slugterra. And how he must be the next Shane and bring balance to that realm.