Between the Breaths

"I'm alive?"

You were laying flat on your back in a cold white room, covered in tubes and machines. You took of your oxygen mask and sat up feeling around your body to see if everything was actually there. "Mom!" You say. "Katsuki." You add, getting out of your bed. The fact that you were alone was odd, but what was worse was the fact that you couldn't hear yourself talk. "MOM." You say louder. "MOM. MOM. MOM. MOM." You say louder and louder until your voice raises to a scream. Suddenly the door flies open. Standing in its frame was your mother. You looked up at her teary eyes. "Mom." You say again. She walks into the room, speeding up to hug you. She lifted you up slightly off of the ground. You watch her mouth move but no words come out. "Can you speak up?" You ask. Her hug grows stiff. 

She lets go and looks across the room, shuffling through random things. She pulled out a small black box with your hero name on the front. Inside were two black hearing aids, similar to the ones you had before, only they had a diamond symbol on the base. She urges you to take them. You comply, plucking them out of her grasp and slipping them into your ears. It was as if the world opened back up. Instead of blank silence you could hear the soft whimpers of your mom, the steady beeps of the machines around you, the soft chatter coming from outside of the door. "What?" You jump at the sound of your own voice. "You're going to need these to hear...from now on." She says helping you back onto your bed. 

"W-What happened? Is the war over? Whats going on?" You ask. "Its been 39 days since the war y/n. 1 month, 1 week, 2 days, 8 hours, and 41 minutes." She says looking down at her watch. "How? What?" You ask. "After the battle all of you were rushed here. This is the hospital about two towns away from Musutafu. You were on life support for an entire month. You finally started to live on your own 2 days ago. So they brought you to the CCU until you woke up. "What about Katsuki?" You ask immediately. Your mom walks to the other side of the room and pulled on the curtain placed in the center. 

On the other side Bakugo layed still, his tan peachy skin was still vibrant. It looked nothing like what you remembered. Cold and grey, slowly loosing life. He was on life support for 3 weeks. He was taken to the CCU, and woke up around a week later. He's been up for 4 days. He just went for a nap around an hour ago. Your eyes started to water as you got back out of the bed. "I'm going to go call your Father and your Brother." Your mom says leaving the room. 

You inch yourself forward until you hovered gently over Katsuki's body. A few of your tears falling onto his neck. You leaned in and pressed your lips against his. Your eyes still pouring down with tears. They rolled down your nose and landed on his cheeks cascading to his pillow. He opened his eyes. You could feel the muscles in his mouth move to kiss back before he sat up, slowly lifting you off. For a moment you both just looked at each other.  "Its you." He says. "Its me." You respond. 

His eyes started to prick with tears. He smiles and pulls you back in for another kiss. This was was much deeper and warmer. You broke away, resting your forehead on his. For awhile you both just cried. The intense emotions in the room didn't allow for anything else. And in that moment you didn't care about anything else. Your friends and family, whom mean the world to you became obsolete. The moment you realized you escaped certain death, Katsuki was the only thing you cared about. He was the one you wanted to see, he was the one you wanted to touch. He was the one you wanted to tell 'I lived.' He was the one. 

"I love you." You say, words extending through your cries. "I love you so much and I love that I love you." You say. "Thats pretty fucking corny." He says. "I know. Its corny and gross but Its finally hitting me. I'm really in love with you." You say. He laughs and wraps his arms around you. "It took you this long? I've been in love out of love inside of love backwards up down left right inverted love since we met." He says. "Oh and I'm the corny one?" You say. "Shut up." He snaps, nestling his face into your neck.