Chapter 11: I Didn't Want To Lose You

Start from the beginning

I left him alone.

I betrayed him.

The last thing I wanted, was to see him like this. I'd do anything to never see him like this again. They can torture me, experiment on me, anything. But please, don't hurt him.

"Please, the least you can do is tell me why. Tell me, please," Tony whispers looking me in the eye.

But I avoid his gaze, and after a moment of silence, I take a shaky breath and look him in the eye.

"I did it because I didn't want to lose you," I whisper.

Tony stares at me in disbelief. He doesn't say anything, which makes me more nervous each passing second. He doesn't even move, he just stares at me.

But then he breaks the silence by saying, "You didn't want to lose me, huh?"

I gulp and say, "Y- yeah."

"Well, you wouldn't have lost me if yOU WOULD'VE TOLD ME YOURSELF! NOT WAIT FOR THIS SON OF A *beep* TO COME AND TELL ME INSTEAD!" he yells, tears falling down his face again.

"I WAS SCARED OK? I DIDN'T KNOW YOUR PARENTS ARE STILL ALIVE. (Zemo: *chokes on tea*) I DIDN'T KNOW HOW YOU WOULD REACT! I THOUGHT THAT IF I TOLD YOU I WOULD LOSE YOU! I DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE SOMEONE I CARED ABOUT AGAIN!" I yell back. But then I realize what I just said and I blush even harder. Tony stares at me in shock.

"Y- you care about me?" he stutters.

I look down at my feet and mutter, "Of course I do Tony. You're like a brother to me. You mean the world to me."

I look back up again and Tony has an unreadable expression on his face. He doesn't say anything, and we're both submerged in a tense silence. After a while, Tony speaks up again.

"Well, if I mean the world to you. Then you should've told me what happened to the people who mean the world to me," he growls, breaking my heart.

"I know," I say in a small voice, "I'm sorry."

"I know you are. Now let's take care of Zemo," he says in a stone-cold voice.

"Y- yeah, let me just get Bu-" I stutter while turning around, only to realize that Bucky isn't behind me.

Wait, he was behind me right? Yeah, last chapter I remember that I jumped in front of him. But he isn't behind me. Where is he?

"Where's Bucky?" Tony asks, walking towards me, "Another thing you're hiding from me?"

"I- I don't know. He was behind me a few minutes ago," I say.

"Don't worry. He's right here," T'challa's voice echoes in the bunker. Tony and I scan our surroundings until we see T'challa behind the little window Zemo was along with Bucky.

"It's about dam time," Bucky says, "T'challa and I have been waiting here forever."

"Wait, where's Zemo? How are T'challa and Bucky in the same room... alive?" Tony asks.

"Oh Zemo! I almost forgot about him!" Bucky exclaims before bending down and coming back up with an unconscious Zemo.

"While you two were arguing, Sergeant Barnes and I took care of the threat at hand," T'challa states.

"Bucky," my best friend corrects.

"Ok, but that still doesn't explain how you two aren't fighting to the death right now," I say.