Chapter 11: I Didn't Want To Lose You

A/N: ^^^It's true, I haven't seen CATWS yet. But I know what it's about. I can't wait to see it tho. Enjoy the chapter!

Previously on "Godfather Tony":

Steve's POV:

*~Siberia~*

"... Tony is going to pretend to fight you now, and you gotta play along. You see, this is what Zemo wants. He wants to destroy the Avengers from the inside. So we have to fight each other until we find a way to stop Zemo," I whisper. Bucky nods, and then we turn to look at Tony. Who's on his feet again.

"Barnes!" Tony yells as he storms across the room, "You're going to pay for what you did!"

"It wasn't his fault Tony!" I cry as I step in front of Bucky.

"Well if it isn't, then wHY DID YOU KEEP IT A SECRET?" Tony yells in reply, he has tears in his eyes. Because even though he knows that Bucky didn't really kill his parents, even though this is supposed to be pretend. He's mad that I kept such an important secret from him.

"I- I-" I stutter, not really knowing what to answer.

"TELL ME!" he yells, tears now freely falling down his face.

"Because I didn't want you to hurt Bucky," I lie.

I mean, that's part of the truth. I was afraid that Tony was going to kill Bucky if he found out the truth. But then he said that his parents are Greek gods, and a small weight was lifted off my shoulders.

But the real reason was that I didn't want to lose Tony. I've known that Bucky killed his parents for a of couple years now. And we weren't so close back then, so I was afraid that I would damage an already-fragile friendship if I told him.

But then we became closer, and I didn't tell him because I was afraid that he would get mad that I kept that secret from him for so long. Just like right now. He isn't mad that Bucky killed his parents because they never died. And even if they did, I think that he would understand Bucky's situation.

He's mad at me.

The last thing I wanted.

I've had nightmares about this moment. I've been dreading this moment for years now.

It's the moment where he finds out the truth.

The moment where it all goes down.

The make-or-break moment.

The moment where there are no more secrets.

Steve's POV:

"Tell me the truth Steve. Why did you keep it a secret?" Tony says, his voice no louder than a whisper.

He still has tears in his eyes, and you can see the tear tracks from the tears he shed only moments ago. He has a nasty bruise just below his right eye. Small cuts littered his face, and his usually-combed hair is a mess. He's clutching his side, right where I kicked him.

I hated that.

I hated seeing him hurt. Both physically and emotionally.

I hated seeing him like this.

I hated seeing him hurt, alone, betrayed.

And it's all because of me.

I hurt him.