Chapter 27: Déjà vu Who?

Percy's POV

I storm out of the meeting room, making sure that I slam the door and make my footsteps as loud as possible. Thinking about it, I guess that was kind of childish, but I couldn't care any less at that moment.

My demeanor earns me some weird looks from the S.H.I.E.L.D agents that work here, so I send them a wolf glare, causing them to scurry away. I walk out of the building undisturbed and flop down on the nearest bench. I let out a long sigh as I lean back and close my eyes.

A feeling of guilt starts to seep its way into my chest, and I try to push it down, to no avail.

But I guess I was wrong for snapping at Loki like that, and I know that Wanda was right. I did get worked up about something that wasn't my problem, but I guess I just don't like betrayal.

It's one of the reasons why it took me a while to warm up to Loki. Even before I met him, he had betrayed his brother, his father, his mother, the entirety of Asgard! I do believe people can change, and redeem themselves, like Luke.

But he's the god of mischief, he's bound to pull stunts like this.

But, it's not an excuse for my actions. I should go back in and apologize. Yeah, that seems like a good pl-

"LOOK OUT!" someone yells and I snap open my eyes just in time to see a... door? hurtling towards me.

I dive out of the way and hear the door crash into the Avengers Tower. I hear panicked screams from the building and I start to run towards the lobby. But I stop in my tracks and try to look for the owner of the voice who saved my life (ok let's be honest I could've survived that impact but they still deserve a thanks).

"Nice reflexes, we could use someone like you right now," the voice says again. His voice sounded deep and formal, but still young.

I whip around to see a man standing in the middle of the road, two men actually. Both of them are dressed in the weirdest, outlandish clothes I have ever seen (and I know what I'm talking about). Like they're cosplaying mages at some Renaissance fair.

But their clothes aren't the weirdest thing, they're giving off this strange vibe. They don't seem like threats, but there's some sort of ancient, mystical aura around them.

The first one is an Asian man, definitely past his forties. His mage clothes are a deep red and he's holding some sort of stick or staff. His stern expression makes him seem like a bodyguard for his companion. Standing behind him in a protective manner as if to say 'You hurt one hair on his head and I'll give you a fate worse than Tartarus'.

Speaking of his companion, I know he was the one who spoke to me. The voice sounded too young to belong to the Bodyguard Dude (no offense man).

Bodyguard Dude's friend catches my eye almost immediately. There's just something about him that gives me a sense of déjà vu. Which is weird since I think I would remember someone dressed like him.

Déjà vu Dude is wearing mage clothes like Bodyguard Dude, but his clothes are a royal blue, with these leather, yellow gloves. To complement his blue clothes, he has a blood-red cloak with a cool collar, which is flowing even though there is no wind. To finish it off, he has an ancient-looking necklace in the form of an eye.

But what surprises me most is his age.

He's a bit older than me but he has to be, what? Twenty five or twenty six?

Max.

He isn't even thirty yet, that's for sure. But the white streaks in his hair near his temples make him seem a bit older. That's when I notice a small patch of bleached skin on his neck.