Extra #6: Halloween Special #2

Percy's POV

A/N: Takes place between chapters 25 and 26, so it's when Percy is living with the Avengers. So he's about... let's say 17. (And Morgan is non-existent) (BTW, Chapter 26 is not too far away!)

"Lip sync battle?" I nervously asked Peter, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah!" he enthusiastically replied, waving the student-made poster in front of my face. "It'll be fun!"

I skeptically eyed the poster that had been plastered all over school the past week. Everyone was talking about it, and I mean everyone. The entire school was eager to see the main event for this year's school Halloween activities: The lip sync battle.

Why a lip sync battle? Why couldn't Peter want to do the costume contest? Why?!

Starting a new school was bad enough. But starting a new school while worrying about not embarrassing yourself in front of the whole school is on another level.

"Why me?" I told Peter as I sat down on my bed. "Why can't you ask Ned or MJ?"

He pouted and replied, "They said 'no'. And besides, can you imagine them in a lip sync battle?"

I shuddered at the image placed in my mind. "No... but you can imagine me in one? Why can't you do it yourself?"

He shoved the flyer in my face again while he said, "It says here you have to at least have two people, and you know I haven't finished my cloning ray yet."

He crossed his arms and stood in front of me as he patiently waited for my answer. He was not going to stop until I said yes.

I desperately tried to think of an escape. "Umm, well nobody will participate anyway. We'll look like losers if we go up there."

"Practically everyone's talking about it. I think even some teachers are competing," Peter rebutted.

I realized I had no more tricks up my sleeve, and that once Peter sets his mind on something, he sees it through to the end. I sighed in defeat and dramatically fell down on the bed.

"Fine..." I grumbled as Peter cheered.

Either this is going to be a blast, or we're going down in flames, I thought.

*~*~*~*~*

"I still can't believe you talked me into this," I mumbled as I peeked through the curtain, watching a couple perform.

"Yeah me neither," Peter whispered as he joined me in my spot behind the curtain.

'You're The One That I Want' blasted through the speakers and bounced around the cafeteria walls, while the students cheered, clapped and took videos. The lights had been turned off and they used the fancy stage lights from the theater.

All of us performers were behind a makeshift 'backstage' (if you could even call it that), which consisted of a bunch Halloween tablecloths hung like curtains blocking the back of the cafeteria.

You could feel the excitement and nervous radiating off of all of us. Performing in front of half the school was a scary thought. One mistake and you're a meme for life. But, if you rock it then people want to talk to you all of a sudden, like you just won a Nobel Prize.

I stepped away from the curtain and walked towards my backpack. I started to rummage through it, trying to find something to style my nerves.

"We're up next," Peter told me once another group faced the crowd. "You ready?"

"I'm never ready," I answered with a chuckle. "I just hope I don't die."

He raised an eyebrow at me, which looked a bit creepy with all the zombie makeup on his face. "Percy, this a friendly competition, not capture the flag at CHB."