2. Welcome to Beach City

Start from the beginning

None of these strange rituals really made any sense to me. I was about to ask if he could be more specific when Amethyst had gotten interested in me and Steven's conversation.

Amethyst: Yo, you guys taking a nap or something over here?

Y/n: What is a "nap?"

Steven: It's like sleep, but for a shorter period of time.

At this point, I was rubbing my forehead in frustration. All of this made no sense to me at all and I was starting to get a little annoyed. I was thinking about what exactly Steven meant, but they were interrupted by Amethyst patting my back.

Amethyst: Don't worry Y/n, you'll get the hang of it. Pearl even tried to sleep one time, so if she can do it, then you can do it. Right Pearl?

Pearl: I-I have no comment

Steven: So do you want to try sleeping?

Y/n: Perhaps later, right now I want to observe some of these strange objects.

Steven: Ok. Oh, before you do Y/n, can I ask you something?

Y/n: Sure.

Steven: What type of gem are you?

Amethyst: Yeah, what gem do ya got?

Garnet: I'm also interested as well.

Y/n: I'm not really sure.

Pearl: Well, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it looks like your gem is a prisms gem.

Steven: Prism? I've never heard of that kind of gem before.

Pearl: That's because they're extremely rare gems Steven. As far as I'm aware, there was only three prisms ever made. And it's also rumored that they have multiple powers. So it looks like we found one if them, but I didn't know about one being a male gem.

Y/n: Interesting, what do you think happened to the other two?

Pearl: I'm not sure, like I said only three ever existed. So it's hard to say what happened to the other two.

Now I was curious on who these other two prisms could be. And if I was one of the only three in existence, then there was a chance i could be the only prism left if the other two are missing. Then I was pulled out of my thoughts when I had felt someone pulling on my arm. And I noticed it was Steven, and it had looked like he needed something.

Steven: If you want Y/n, I could show you around Beach City.

Pearl: Hold on, how can we be sure that this gem can be trusted?

Steven: Don't worry Pearl, we'll be fine. I was just going to show him around town, that's it.

Pearl: But how do we know that he won't try to kidnap you.

Y/n: What is "kidnap?"

Steven: I'll be fine, I promise.

Pearl: Garnet?

Garnet just stood there for a moment with a concentrated look. And it was a little awkward for a moment until she spoke up.

Garnet: They'll be fine.

Steven: Thank you Garnet. Let's go Y/n.

So Steven dragged me out of the temple to show me around Beach City. And the first thing that I saw was some weird stuff on the ground, and it was also surrounded by some weird blue liquid.

Y/n: What is this stuff Steven?

Steven: It's what humans call sand and we're on a beach, and the blue stuff is what we what we call an ocean.