"I'm sure you'll do well," she said as she moved on to another finger, "Now do you want some tips on these?"

"They probably won't survive..." I started.

"You never know." Pointing to Melanie she said, "And she said you're doing pictures and having a concert next week?"

"Yes."

"Well then let's put some shorter nail extensions on you then. Your mom already told me the color she wants, so don't worry about that," she said before I could hope to input that.

'What madness is she up to now?' I thought about Amy's mom. I wondered what kind of photo session for a family would possibly involve this much work...

After what seemed an eternity, she was done with my nails and letting them dry. "Okay, let's just do some makeup and you'll be done!" she said. "I'm bringing over Lynette for that, give me just a couple minutes to get her." As she started to walk off though, she said, "and no peaking!" to me.

I grumbled. My head was getting used to the pins that were holding my hair up in some shape or another, but now I was really curious. I looked down at my nails and saw they were a pretty design with a combination of a medium purple, and white snowflakes. The center of each snowflake had a little diamond rhinestone glued in there. She had also done some other little squiggles in the background design of each nail. They looked gorgeous!

I was so curious about my hair that I almost went ahead and turned the chair around before Lilly got back with Lynette, but she got back just in time. "How are you doing?" Lynette asked me. I recognized her from the first time I had been in the salon.

"Better now," I told her. That was the honest truth – all the pampering was helping to dull the pain of the day.

"Good! Now do you have any makeup on today?" She asked me.

I started to shake my head no, but then remembered something she could already see I was certain, "I do have some mascara on," I told her.

"Okay, I can take care of that real quick." She pulled over a cart from a neighboring station and had me close my eyes while she cleaned the mascara off my eyes. Once her palette was clear she began working on me. "I'm not going to do a whole lot here sweetie, you have such a nice complexion you don't need much."

"Thanks," I said as she used a wedge and some liquid foundation on my face. She worked on it for a moment and then worked on my eyes. She spent most of the time quickly putting eye shadow on my eyelids. She added just a tiny bit of eyeliner. "You really don't need this, but Mrs. Hancock said she wanted you to have a certain look for the pictures you're all about to take. I just finished doing Amy's makeup almost the same way," she said with a smile.

She eventually pronounced me done and I was turned around to look at myself in the mirror.

"Wow!" I breathed. Somehow, she had managed to make me look like I was about two years older than I normally did! I still looked a bit younger than twelve, but I didn't look like I was seven then. My hair was done up in a tall bun with ringlets coming out of every side of it. It was similar to how it had been done for the film festival in New York. I knew that I looked beautiful!

"You like it?" Lilly asked.

"Absolutely!" I said and threw my arms around her shoulders. "For once I don't look like I'm five years younger than I actually am!"

Lynette looked at Lilly and said, "This is the only time in girls' lives they want to look older. I'd kill to look five years younger than I am..." she grumbled.

I gave Lynette a hug too and then was led back to the changing area. I had just finished when Amy came in. I saw her hair and she saw mine at the same time, "Cuuuute!" we both said together. That started us giggling as she hurried up to catch up and get changed. Melanie somehow was already waiting for us to leave and she said, "You two look beautiful!" and she gave each of us a hug.