Prologue

AN: Before this starts, This is a reworking of one of my older stories, with enough attention from the guys who like this ill be more than happy to continue writing and sharing. regardless I hope you enjoy. Thank You

...

'I know crossroads when I see them, see them'

She felt nothing. No warmth or cold, joy or pain, soul or livelihood. She was nothing. That's all there was to it and has been for twelve nights straight. She was just.... Empty. No amount of bodies in her home or fake smiles or flowers could change that. So, she embraced it; sitting idly on a step in waterlogged clothing that clung to her skin. A pile of blankets was placed before her alongside the two she had on. Still, she didn't care for them or her temperature. She was the least of her concerns. Her mind was too fixated on something else to even take a second out and think about her own well-being. Well... look where that got her.

"Stop." She whispered to her body that still shook uncontrollably and clutched onto her own cinnamon brown hands. She didn't need them to give people excuses to walk over and 'check' on her. Talking wasn't something she'd done since that morning. The once stretched shoulder length hair was now in her neck and coiled. Mascara ran from under upturned mahogany eyes and down big cheek bones, lined her sharp jaw and halted at her pointed chin. Only a tint of the purple lipstick she applied earlier was left on her plump smooth lips. Even her soft arched brows weren't as full as they appeared earlier that day. Her broad, small nose was even red just like her fingertips, not that she cared. She was done with caring.

"I can't do this..."

'I want it to be over, I want it to be over'

She watched the lights of Rockford as he drove so late in the day. That's all she wanted to do. With a manicured nail in her mouth and another hand on her lap Yasmine kept her eyes glued to the window next to her, listening to the sound of the car rolling on tarmac. She was quieter than usual. Then again, she would be after what had happened but that's not what she wanted to dwell on. He insisted that they left their home and the negative vibes it harboured so took the woman out and drove. She didn't know where exactly and neither did he. The man noticed and loathed her stiffness; glancing at her before moving his eyes back to the road.

"Señorita." He cleared his throat then called to his love. She didn't mutter a word let alone show any sign of acknowledgement. Aurelio looked down then back to Yasmine. She usually answered when he called her that.

"Yasmine..." He continued to drive with his eyes focused on the road, but his mind was on her. Yasmine watched his hand move from the gearstick to her knee then slide up in between her thighs. He gripped slightly with his eyes straight in front of him and his hand starting to pull at one thigh.