The Rooftop

A Few Hours Pass

*You slowly sit up after falling asleep on the couch and look at the time which is currently 1:42am and yawn as you levitate and stretch.*

You: "Computer, awaken yourself

Computer: "I am awake and operational, hello sir. Are you ready for a little reunion with your old friend?"

You: "I am, however I'm not sure what she'll have in store for me when I actually get to the roof"

Computer: "Come now sir. Try not to think so badly, it's only your long lost friend that you haven't seen in years and finally you're seeing her after conquering two whole universe's and enslaving zillions if not gijillions of worlds and terrorising the innocen-"

*You cut your A.I off*

You: "Are you purposely trying to make me feel bad, because if you are you're doing an excellent job"

Computer: "Well, my apologies for speaking the truth, so are you going to get a move on?"

Computer: "I believe Starfire is awaiting for your arrival"

You: "Right... To the rooftop"

*You zap away into a power outlet and reappear out of the exposed power cord you zapped into earlier and find Starfire sitting on the edge of the tower looking out to the calm ocean and you admire her for a brief moment*

Computer: ".... So... Are going to keep standing here and watching her, or are you going to interact with your old friend?"

You: "I was just admiring the view"

Computer: "If I may place my thoughts into this, admire the view for to long and you will start to look creepy"

You: "I strongly dislike you right now"

Computer: "That's fine sir, now, I believe you were about to chat with her"

You: "Precisely"

*You inhale and take a step forward then hesitate*

You: "But what if she doesn't want to talk?"

Computer: "If she called you to the roof, it must've been for a reason"

You: "Right..."

*You take another step forward and pause*

You: "But what if she comes to realize that not only did our separation distance us, but break our friendship completely?"

Computer: "Most indefinite, she will most likely come to realize that you missed her as much as she missed you"

You: "Yeah... Most likely"

*You take another step forward and pause*

You: "But what if-"

*Your computer cuts you off*

Computer: "Don't be a little bitch, grow some balls, go talk to her and make up for lost time"

*You stand there in complete silence*

You: "So be it..."

*You walk over and sit down beside Starfire*

Starfire: "Greetings, friend Electro"

You: "Salutations old friend. So, to what do I owe the pleasure of meeting with your request?"

Computer: "Smooth, very smooth"