Wings

"Tommy, It's time for lessons!" Phil called from outside the cottage.

"Ok!" Tommy yells back. "Techno, can you hurry up!" Tommy sits, barely able to hold still.

"Be patient. You know it's easier for you when I braid your hair." Techno said happily. He ties Tommy's hair and pats him on the head, " You're ready to go."

Tommy turns, "Thanks for braiding my hair."

"Of course." Techno says with a smile, "Now go."

Tommy stands up and runs down the hall. He runs out, his small wings flapping happily.

"There you are." Phil said with a grin, "Did you stretch your wings?"

"Not yet!" Tommy responded.

Phil nods, he stretches his own wings. Phil's wings always amazed Tommy. They were massive with black feathers. The largest feathers had the mark of death, showing everyone that Phil is protected by Death. Tommy's wings were very different. They were tan and his adult feathers had started to grow in.

"Ok, now. When I pick up, what do you need to do?" Phil asked.

"Flap my wings, so I can get used to feeling the air and wind hit them." Tommy said, jumping up and down.

"Good."

Tommy blinks, he looks around. Had he fallen asleep? When did he get to the park?

Tommy stays sitting against the tree. He looks down at his hands, he traces a few small scars on his hands. With sigh, he closes his eyes again.

"TOMMY!" Techno shouted running up to Tommy. Tommy blinks, what was going on? Why was he in so much pain?

"Phil is going to be so mad at us." Wilbur says walking over.

Techno turns and glares at Wilbur, "I told you that this was a bad idea. You know Phil is going to assume it was Tommy's idea!"

"Ok, ok. I will make sure to take the blame." Wilbur responded, rolling his eyes.

"No, you need to take responsibility. Our little brother is hurt all because you wanted to pull some stupid prank with your friends."

Wilbur scoffs,"whatever, let's just get him back to the cabin." Wilbur walks away. Techno looks back at Tommy. He picks him up, making sure to not touch any of the wounds.

Phil is standing on the front steps. He looks both mad and worried. "What happened?"Phil said as Techno walked up to him.

"Tommy got hurt." WIlbur said.

"How?" Phil looked to Wilbur, "How did he get this hurt?"

"It's not that bad, dad."

"Your little brother has a broken arm and has multiple cuts on his face."

WIlbur looks at Tommy, then back to Phil. "Tommy just wanted to try to fly on his own." Techno looks at Wilbur with disgust.

"I'm going to patch Theseus up," Techo says angrily. Techno had actually named Tommy when they first found him. However, Wilbur believed the name to be too complicated. Now, only Techno calls Tommy by his real name.

Techno sets Tommy down. He grabs disinfectant and bandages.

"Am I in trouble?" Tommy asks.

"No, Theseus, you are not in trouble." Techno says with a sigh.

Tommy nods, he watches Techno bandage the wounds. "Now, Dad may ask to speak to you."

"Oh." Tommy knew this talk would break into a fight, it always does.