Promise

The whole class fell silent. Tommy looked at his hands. Knowing he only has one life left, it's worrying.

"Ok, then we just have to make sure you don't go off doing something stupid." Bakugou said, annoyed.

Tommy looked up at him. The rest of the class did. Many were surprised, was this Bakugou, Being nice?!

"What?! It's true! If this idiot has one life, then he is like the rest of us." Bakugou spoke.
"I agree with Bakugou." Iida spoke up," We can see now that both Tommy and Tubbo are targets, we need to keep them safe."

Tommy's eyes went to Iida. He was surprised, he had only known this class for a few weeks.

"Yeah! We can set up a system for them! Maybe something like code words!" Kaminari said optimistically.

"Totally!" Mina responded, high-fiving Kaminari.

Midoriyia tapped the pen to his chin, "It would have to be words only we know."

Tommy watched them all begin a plan to keep him and Tubbo safe. "W-why..?" Tommy's voice was quiet.

"What?" Bakugou looked at him, "You have to speak up extra!"

"Why?" Tommy spoke again, his voice shaking, "Why are you all so adamant about keeping me and Tubbo safe?"

"Because we're your friends," Mina said with a soft smile.

"Yeah, we care about you man," Kirishima said, standing up and placing a hand on Tommy's shoulder.

For the first time in Tommy's life, he felt safe. Yes, he felt safe in L'Manberg, but that never lasted. There were so many wars, that he forgot what it felt like to be safe. Tears pricked the sides of his eyes, he looked down and wiped them away. He was not going to show himself being weak, not now.

Mina pulled Tommy into a hug, she knew he needed it. "Tommy, we're your friends. We will always try to protect you."

Bakugou stared at the two. A pang of guilt hit him. Memories of him and midoryia begin to surface. Deep down he had always wanted a decent friendship with him. However, knowing Midoryia didn't develop a quirk, Bakugou only wanted to protect him. Was he blinded with how strong his quirk is? Yes, and he can admit that. He still regrets what he said, the day of the sludge attack. It hurts Bakugou remembering it.

Taking a deep breath, Bakugou walks away. Walking out of the dorms, the now night air hits him. He walks down the path, letting his thoughts run wild. However, a thought hits him like a train.

Storming down the path, he heads to the main building. Bakugou knows that Aizawa did not send Wilbur to the main prison. Instead, they are holding him in a small office. They had removed everything and bared the windows.

Bakugou walks to the room, the door is guarded by two pro-heroes.

"I need to talk to him." Bakugou said.

"Sorry, but no one is allowed to enter. At least, not without permission."

Bakugou glared at the two. "Give me five minutes."

The pro heroes look at each other. With a tired and annoyed sigh, they step away unlocking the door. Bakugou steps inside. Wilbur is happily sitting on the floor next to the cot they had given him. His gaze is locked on the window, watching the life outside.

"You're not Tommy." Wilbur spoke.

Bakugou has never felt this feeling. As soon as he stepped into the room, it felt evil. Yes, he had been captured by villains, but this was far worse.

"You're right, I'm his friend." Bakugou said, almost in defense.

Wilbur scoffed, "Friend? Tommy doesn't have friends. He will always think he does, but he doesn't"

Bakugou narrowed his eyes. He could feel himself getting more angry. With a quick deep breath Bakugou spoke again, "Who are you?"
"Of course you ask the boring questions." Wilbur rolled his eyes. He turns his head a bit, now able to see bakugou. Wilbur's gaze was insane, his eyes fixed on something that was not there with them. It was as if he knew something that would happen in the future. "I'm his brother." Bakugou took a small step back. "Where is Tommy? It's rude to not visit family."

"He's safe. Somewhere away from your insanity." Bakugou responded defensively.

Wilbur sighs tiredly, " of course, he always runs from things he has no control over. Tommy really can be so annoying. Sometimes I just wish he would just grow up and get over what happened in L'Manburg."

Bakugou started to walk forward, closer to Wilbur. Grabbing the collar of Wilbur's shirt, he pulls him up and closer. "If I ever catch you near Tommy or Tubbo, I will end you."

"Is that a threat?"

"No. It's a promise."