shell | tadashi yamaguchi family fluff (gender-neutral reader request)

A/n: "(N/n)" stands for your nickname and TADASHI OWNS MY WHOLE HEART HE HAS IT ALL-

Prompt: Tadashi takes his five-year-old sibling (Y/n) to volleyball practice

Warning: None

Word count: 934

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ Second Person point of view ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

"Are you sure it'll be okay with your teammates?" Tadashi's mother asked as she spoke with her son over the phone.

"Of course it will!" Tadashi insisted. "Everything will be fine, I'll keep a good eye on them. Don't worry, mom." His mother sighed. She told her eldest child she loved him and hung up. Tadashi put his phone away and returned to the child standing beside him. He smiled at you.

"Mom can't pick you up today, (N/n)," Tadashi told you, crouching down to be roughly the same height as you. "So, you get to come to volleyball practice with me, okay?" You nodded your head. Tadashi stood back up, holding onto your little hand. You walked with your big brother to the gym with Tadashi. When you heard the loud sound of the volleyball hitting the wooden floor, you held Tadashi's hand tighter. Tadashi opened the door and encouraged you to walk inside. A loud gasp echoed through the gym.

"Yamaguchi, who's that?" Hinata asked, jumping to the other first-year's side.

"Oh, this is my little siblings," Tadashi said, gesturing to you. "This is (Y/n)." You clung to your brother's side. You gripped onto his leg and hid yourself from the strangers as they began to huddle around you. You didn't like new people, they scared you.

"It's very nice to meet you, (Y/n)," Daichi smiled at you. His kind eyes and warm aura made you feel more relaxed, but as soon as you saw some of the other players, you tensed right back up. Some of them looked very frightening. Tadashi chuckled nervously, patting your head gently.

"Why don't you go sit on the benches?" Tadashi suggested. You nodded your head sheepishly. Due to your hesitant demeanor, Tadashi had to walk you over to the bleachers. You sat down, hugging your backpack to your chest. Tadashi smiled, trying to put you at ease.

"My friends and I are going to play, do you want to watch?" Tadashi asked. You nodded your head softly, keeping quiet. You looked on from the benches, your feet not touching the floor, as the boys began to practice. You always thought the sport was cool when your mom would take you to watch Tadashi's games, so it was entertaining.

"Why don't ya try hitting the ball, (Y/n)!" Nishinoya exclaimed bouncing over to where you sat.

"Yeah, let's teach you how to spike!" Tanaka joined in, hitting the ball in your direction. Instead of receiving, or even catching the ball like the second-years expected you to do, you ducked out of the way. You avoided it, scared it would hit you and you would get hurt.

"Guys, be careful!" Sugawara scolded the two. With a sigh, Sugawara walked over to where you were sitting. He kneeled down and smiled kindly at you. Sugawara took the volleyball that just nearly missed you and held it out for you to take.

"Would you like us to teach you how to play?" He asked gently. You nodded your head slowly and took the ball. Tadashi was a bit surprised that you were willing to trust a stranger, but he was very happy you were starting to open up just a little bit. Suga guided you onto the court, as you held the ball in your hands.

"Try and throw the ball up and to the side," Sugawara told you. "As high as you can, okay? And Asahi over there will hit it to the other side of the net." Sugawara pointed to a tall and somewhat scary man who waved at you. You nodded your head. You did as the nice boy told you and threw the ball into the air. Suddenly, Asahi ran and leaped into the air, spiking the ball down onto the other side of the net. You flinched at the loud sound.

"Nice job," Asahi told you, giving you a thumbs up. You smiled.

"That was awesome, (N/n)!" Tadashi told you, grinning proudly. He could see the little spark in your eyes when you saw Asahi spike the ball. You were going to get into volleyball for sure.

"What if we helped them spike?" Kageyama suggested.

"But they're so small, how could they hit the ball?" Hinata asked, pointing to you.

"You're practically the same height and you do just fine," Kageyama fired back, only to make Hinata mad. He quickly responded by insisting he wasn't short.

"I think I can help," Daichi said, putting an end to the two boy's argument. Daichi gestured for you to follow him. He walked you over to one end of the net, you standing directly in front of him. 

"When the ball is in front of you, hit it as hard as you can, okay?" Daichi told you, a supportive smile on his face. You nodded your head and Sugawara stepped up to set the ball. You were confused as to what to do, you couldn't possibly reach the ball. All of a sudden, you were lifted off the ground and into the air. You quickly did what the captain told you to, hitting the ball over the net. Daichi set you back onto the ground shortly after, a big grin on your face.

"Dashi, did you see that?" You exclaimed to your big brother, waving your hands in the air in excitement.

"You're so good at this, (Y/n)!" Tadashi told you, giving you a double high five. "I'm so proud of you!" You were over the moon and nearly bouncing around. Tadashi laughed at your behavior, watching your attitude change so drastically. He was so glad you broke out of your shell that day, hopefully you would continue to become less socially anxious over time. You had fun.