catching feelings | satori tendo fluff (female-reader request)

Prompt: Satori has it bad for his friend (Y/n), but he is very nervous about confessing to her

Warning: None

Word count: 802

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ Second Person point of view ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

How did it come to this? Satori had known you for years; since you both were mere children. He had been with you through your most transformative years. He saw some of the worst parts of you, while simultaneously bearing witness to some of the best bits. Nine years after you became friends, Satori found himself mercilessly head over heels for his friend named (Y/n).

Satori knew you were both going to graduate soon, and he feared the worst when it came to the both of you going your separate ways. Time was running out before he no longer had an excuse to be around you all the time. Satori was determined to finally confess his feelings to you... even though he was rattled out of his mind every time he thought about doing so. You made him nervous but in a good way.

Those butterflies that felt like sharp knives fluttered inside him when he thought about you returning his feelings. Gosh, what would it feel like to kiss you after dreaming about it for so long? Satori hoped he would get the opportunity to find out.

"Dude, you're zoning out again," You pointed out, snapping your fingers in front of Satori's face. He blinked several times, appearing to re-register reality. He smiled, a tinge of embarrassment festering.

"Sorry, (Y/n)," He said with a small chuckle. "What were you saying again?" You repeated what you had said before you realized Satori was busy thinking about something else. This time, Satori actually listened. He usually did, but sometimes he just couldn't help himself. The fantasy of being in a relationship with you was too tempting sometimes. Satori smiled as he listened to you speak, he just liked hearing you talk. Lunch ended, and the rest of the school day seemed to fly by.

Should he write you a note? That could be a good way to confess to you, a romantic letter with loads of sentiment. Satori pulled out a blank piece of notebook paper and a pen in the middle of class. Satori began to brainstorm what he'd write to you. In his head, it was the most eloquent and sincere piece of literature... in reality, it was a blank piece of paper. Satori was so nervous you wouldn't like what he wrote. Were there rules he had to follow? What if he misspelled something? He decided to scratch the idea entirely.

What if he wrote you a song? You liked music... but Satori didn't know how to play an instrument... or write lyrics. That wouldn't work. He could get Ushijima to tell you for him! Ushijima surely wouldn't be as nervous as he was. Yet again, Ushijima would probably say something stupid. Not to mention, it might be weird if Satori asked his best friend to confess to the girl he was fawning over. Satori should just tell you face-to-face, shouldn't he? He knew he needed to get over his nerves and tell you how he felt. He needed to.

The bell rang and Satori rushed to leave the classroom. None of the boys had practice that evening, so that meant he had even more time to build the nerve to confess. Satori found you waiting for him outside of school. You always did, even when he had practice; you were sweet like that.

"Hey, Satori," You greeted, a causal smile on your face. For just a moment, your smile made him forget how nervous he was. He smiled too, but it was a bit more forced than yours. Satori's brain kicked into overdrive in an attempt to formulate exactly what he would say.

"Something on your mind?" You asked your close friend.

"Y-Yeah actually," Satori admitted. He started to feel his palms clam up. His heart pounded faster and faster, his breathing feeling heavier. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Actually, can I say something first?" You butt in, finding he was taking too long to formulate his thoughts.

"Oh, s-sure," Satori deferred, figuring it would give him more time to compile his courage.

"I've been meaning to get this off my chest for a while now," You said, clearing your throat and taking a breath. "We've been friends for forever, but I don't know, I guess recently I've been feeling something... more." Satori blinked. Were you confessing to him?

"I think what I'm trying to say is--" Satori didn't let you finish,

"I'm in love with you, (Y/n)!" Satori blurted out. He felt his face turn just as red as his hair as you stared at him. You practically lept onto Satori and wrapped your arms around his neck, slightly pulling him down to your level. You kissed him without a second thought. Finally, he knew what it felt like to kiss you, and it was so much better than he ever imagined it would be.