Chapter 27: I Just Like it

"Hey cupcake," butt hurt jerk greets me at lunch. "So did you like the note I gave you?"

I watch him sit down and look at me. "Or did you not find-"

I grab his shirt and yank him towards me, crashing my lips against his. He hums in response, automatically kissing back. My hands stay gripping his shirt.

I bite his lips, pulling his lip in between his lower lip. He moans quietly in response which makes my whole body catches on fire, igniting it.

He pulls back a little. "W-We are at school. . . .We could get caught." His eyes fall to my still parted lips.

"We won't." I kiss his lips quickly, then slow my lips down for us to kiss at a rhythm.

I then pull away, realizing what I had done. "Um, can we pretend I didn't do that?"

"Pretend what? That you just kissed me?" He waits until I nod and when I do he continues. "Cupcake, with you kissing me and all- I don't know if I'll be able to pretend to forget that."

I was just caught in the moment I guess?

"Sorry." I quickly say. "I shouldn't have done that."

"What kiss me?" I nod, looking away. "You shouldn't be sorry for kissing me."

"But in school?" I ask.

But before he can answer, the fire alarm goes off, vibrating through my ears and body.

"Is there supposed to be a fire drill today?" Jerk face asks.

I shrug. "I have no idea." We walk towards the doors to exit the library. We walk with the other kids walking towards the exit. But wasn't in an orderly fashion, but who ever did?

The cold chilly air hit us head on, my hair flying back like a cape in superhero movies. Some kids yelped from the cold air, and others huddled together to seek warmth.

"Why don't you curl against me to keep yourself warm?" Jerk face teases me, poking my side. I grab his index finger, but he pulls it away with zero effort.

"Butt hurt jerk." I mutter.

"Is this a fire drill?" A short girl with a high pitched voice asks a nearby teacher.

The teacher looks at her. "Yes it is just a drill, it's not a real one. We will be done shortly."

The girl puts her hands on her hips, sighing. "It better be over soon because it's cold!"

"I hope so too." I shiver, rubbing my hands on my arms to create warmth. This thin long sleeve was not helping me to be warm.

"Told you that you should just lean against me." He chuckles.

"And get in trouble?" I shiver again.

His eyes flash with amusement. "That sure didn't seem to worry you in the library when you were kissing me now?" I resist the urge to punch him.

I sigh, walkinh closer towards him. He wraps his arms around my body, securing me in his absolute pleasuring warmth. I sigh deeply and wrap my arms around his waist.

A wave of cold air pushes again, making me sink further into his arms.

"For a butt hurt jerk, you sure are warm." I mumble.

"Haven't used that in a while." He murmurs.

"I know." I say lowly. "I missed it."

"Me too," he mumbles.

I back away to look at him. "When did you start liking that nickname?"

"I don't know," he admits. "I just like it when you say it, cupcake."

I smugly smile. "Good."

Suddenly a voice is blaring through the speakers- it's Mr. Murphy. "Everyone may enter the school building now, the drill is over. Everyone was fairly well."

We all walk back inside, I sigh when the warm air folds itself around me. Butt hurt jerk walks falls into step with me, walking quietly.

"How much longer will you be grounded?" Butt hurt jerk breaks the silence.

"I think until next week." I said, shrugging.

He rolls his eyes. "Well you shouldn't have slid down the halls and ran into the principal. Also by getting detention which progressed into you getting grounded."

I roll my eyes. "It's all my fault." He grins in reply. "I can't take you anywhere."

I scoff. "Okay whatever."

"We should do something fun," he grins.

"Not again," I put a hand to my head. "I've already been grounded."

"Exactly, so your mom can't really do anything." He grabs my arm, dragging me back into the library.

"What if my mom makes me stay away from you?" I ask, putting my lower lip out.

He kisses my forehead, warmth spreading throughout me. "That won't happen."

My lips break into a grin before I can think twice. "Fine. What are we doing?"

"Not what," he says. "Where."