CrushCrushCrush

A...thing I wrote about a year ago 😂 for my friend Bambi who I had a crush on (12/22/2019)

————————————————

I like your smile, the way your top lip spreads out as your teeth come into view...

the way your cheekbones go just a little pink sometimes, sitting high and beautiful on your face like cirrus clouds cutting their path through the sky.

I like your hands, how you use them to talk the more excited or passionate you are about something...

how you have pianist hands like I've only seen once before, elegant fingers and smooth palms that (confession) sometimes send my mind to not so holy places.

I like your eyes, the way they light up or gloss over...how they dart around constantly, observing every little action and reaction.

I like your mind and I wish I could walk through it with a blunt and some apple juice, just to see the way that you view the world and how your thoughts process and turn into action.

I like how you analyze situations, even if I don't like that we have the same tendency to rationalize away our emotions instead of feeling them.

I like your laugh; or I should say, I like your laughs.

The self-deprecating, breathy chuckle; the low, grumbly laugh you do when you're trying not to laugh out loud; the loud cackling you do when something manages to catch you off guard.

I like your love of reading, your love of singing, your corniness, your...uniquely dry, sarcastic ass humor that I am never going to find anywhere else.

I like your love of French culture so much I would learn French just so we could have conversations in French about the stupid shit going on around us, just for a little something that would be ours.

(*blushes* I hate you.)

I like your music taste that simultaneously matches mine and doesn't, your taste in clothes and jewelry.

I like how mysterious you are to me and I like uncovering the mystery that you seem to be, enjoying every piece that I see as I learn more about you.

I like how you are with your friends, how animated you get, how at peace you seem surrounded by those you love who love you in return.

I like how you tolerate all my levels of crazy, rolling with the punches even when I'm sure it feels like they'll never stop coming.

I like your determination, and your strength, how you keep telling life to kiss your ass even as she's beating you senseless.

I like talking to you, and smoking with you, and walking with you, and being with you.

I like learning about you, and worrying about you, and knowing you.

(I like how I always want to call you by your government name(s) when you aren't doing what I want you to do, how I think "Taylor Alyssa" is prettier than the reverse but maybe that's just me.)

I like you, you dumbass, because you're a fantastic, intelligent enigma who came out of nowhere and...turned my world upside down.

In a good way, of course.