talk too much- 25

song of the chapter- talk too much by coin

"You WHAT?" Stella screamed, walking over to Cedric

"I didn't mean to!" His eyes were wide, "You have to believe me. It wasn't my choice." He stood defensively, keeping his head down. Stella noticed the boy was slightly trembling and saw the bags under his eyes. His lanky frame was even more thin than it had been a couple months ago, making him look sickly. His face was etched with guilt, pulling at Stella's heart.

He looked terrible.

"What are you saying?" Dumbledore asked calmly, also noticing the boy's weak state.

"I-I think I was under the imperious curse." He voice shook slightly.

"What do you mean 'you think?'" Stella asked, much more gently this time. She walked over to Cedric and put a hand on his arm.

"I don't remember certain things. It's like some of my memories were taken away." He explained, "I only remember being so angry at you, Stella. I wanted to hurt you. It took everything I had not to attack you, every single time I saw you. Then, the morning of the choosing ceremony... I couldn't stop my hands. They instantly wrote your name down instead of mine, and I couldn't stop myself. It was like someone else was telling me what to do and think. It all stopped shortly after I put your name in. All I remember is walking down the corridor, seeing a dark figure standing in the shadows pointing a wand at me, and then I woke up in my dorm. I was so shook up I stayed in my room all day, scared to leave. I'm sorry I didn't come here sooner. I was afraid people wouldn't believe me." For the first time in awhile, his eyes met Stella's and she saw the sadness in them. "I am so sorry, Stella."

"It's alright, Ced. I believe you. You didn't have a choice." She gave Cedric a small hug, terrified if she squeezed too hard he would break. He hesitantly put his arms around her, still slightly shaking.

"You have no memory of who cursed you?" Dumbledore quickly walked back to his desk, quietly whispering to the portraits. They all walked away, as if they were searching for something.

"No, I just remember seeing someone. I don't remember what they looked like." He shook his head.

"But it happened inside of the castle?" Dumbledore asked another question.

"Yes. I'm positive, sir." His voice stronger than before.

"Did you also put in Harry's name?"

"No, sir. Only Stella's."

"Thank you, Mr. Diggory. You will be in no sort of trouble. Please go back to your dorm and get some rest." The Headmaster comforted the boy, and Cedric only nodded. He pulled Stella into one last quick hug and muttered 'I'm really sorry' into her ear before walking out.

"Professor, what does this mean?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. Who ever cursed him was too afraid to put your name in themselves. The imperious curse is an unforgivable curse, who ever did it should be in Azkaban." He sighed sitting back down at his desk. "Let me consult with some of my closest Professors. I will have them keep an eye out."