"Shut up."

Levi grabbed the collar of your shirt and dragged you forward until you were pressed against him, almost on your tippy toes.

You struggled against him, hissing his name like a cat trying to get out of the hug of an overly indulgent owner, but that didn't last long after he kissed you. Again, without any sort of warning whatsoever.

It didn't take long for the embarrassment of kissing in the school parking lot to melt away with the rest of the world. He didn't care that people were watching, he even ignored the gasps and whispers that came sequentially.

When he pulled away from you, his lips formed a straight line as he met with your whining eyes. You were too dazed with the sudden kiss to scold him for doing something so indecent, you also didn't want to bring more attention if you were to yell at him again.

For the short moment your eyes locked with each other, you noticed the way the sun was perfectly reflected in his narrow eyes, making them look less grey and accentuated more of the blue. His scrutinizing gaze felt intimidating to you, in fact, that's what he had intended. Yet...

"You have pretty eyes," you couldn't resist the urge to tell him.

Although most girls talked about his well-developed physique, it was rare that anyone ever admired his eyes. They did look mostly grey, after all.

With that expression of his, you couldn't tell what he was thinking. You couldn't find the time to search for any emotion in his face because he shook you off his arm, taking you aback.

"Don't say such stupid things like that," he said. "Keep walking."

There was short grunt from Levi as he scratched the back of his head. A part of him wished he hadn't asked you to walk you home, especially if it involved with listening to you complain about your entire day and how it was his fault for taking you on a date.

"Do you not want people to know you're with me?" He gave you a sidelong glance and then looked forward to cross the street.

It was a question you didn't realize he would ever ask, it had began to make you reflect upon yourself as you two walked along the street papered with trees. Branches hung above, leaves swinging gently as you passed by. It was the same path you took when you first talked to Levi.

"To be honest, maybe a little. Mostly because everyone seems to be talking about it. You know, Reiner told, like, everyone about that so called date."

"So called?" Levi raised a brow, "That was not a date to you?"

[C] eyes averted to the raven-haired man next to you, bringing up your hands in defense. "Well... all we did was go to the mall."

Levi began mentally cursing at you and perhaps also himself. At you because it annoyed him that you didn't even consider it as a date, and at himself because you were right. He clicked clicked his tongue.

"I mean, do you even like me that way?" After a few seemingly long seconds, you gulped at the boldness of your question and gave yourself a well-needed and satisfying exhale from the sudden silence that emerged.

You sighed and refrained from pestering Levi about it any further, this was the only time you'd sympathize with the man, no one would feel comfortable answering that sort of question anyways.

Instead, he pointed out a small creature that jumped down from a lowly hung tree branch. "There's a rat thing."

Unbeknownst to Levi, the rat thing was actually Kuro, and you kneeled down to pet your companion. His fur was softer than usual today, feeling his body vibrate as he purred against your affection.