"Mom, I don't know what cheating is but it seems to be a bad thing. Did you do it?" I turned to her.

"No, son believe me. I can't and won't be able to even think of that" mom sobbed.

I moved closer and hugged her as she balled her eyes out.

"I know, mom I believe you" I cooed.

"But Tye doesn't," she said softly amidst tears.

"Wait, what happened?" I finally asked.

"Your dad's secretary told your dad that I had been cheating on him and since you know she had been taking care of Tye, he believes her too"

Yep, dad's secretary had been taking care of Tye since he was born. Mom had some complications that they wouldn't tell me when she gave birth to Tye. They say she was not able to do things like walking and the rest so dad's secretary had offered to take care of Tye till mom was very capable again. But even when mom was okay she had been still taking care of him so as not to stress mom and allow her full recuperation and mom hasn't fully been able to call Tye her son since basically, it's like he didn't belong to her but that secretary.

I shook those thoughts out of my head before they could take a toll on me. What happened that day was just too much for a seven-year-old kid. Basically,  your brother thinks his mom was another woman until he found out when he was about ten through dad and I don't know how he put it but Tye grew more distant from mom, and your dad who had always been cheating now made it plain and public and even abused your mom with an accusation that she was cheating when it was just she playing around with her best friend from high school.

I laughed softly and leaned back on the sofa too. I checked the time and it was almost midnight. But before I could close my eyes to nap a little Mom's voice came out from upstairs.

"Joel!" She screamed.

I flew over the stairs and burst into the room and saw her with blood trickling over her thighs.

My eyes widened and my heart started beating a million light-years per milliseconds as I ran to her side.

"Arrgh" she groaned " the pain is tearing me apart" she sobbed.

I took one of her clothes and wiped the blood that was on her thighs. Oh my god, this couldn't be happening.  I kept chanting in my head as I wiped her clean but still the blood was coming out. I needed to get her to the hospital real quick. But how, it is in the middle of the night and I don't even have a car. And then the idea clicked, Felix was still in the house.

"Wait a moment" I breathed out to her and hurried out of the room shouting Felix's name.

He met me below the stairs with sleepy eyes and I gestured to mom's room.

"Mom..blood..hospital" was all I managed to say before his eyes flew open wide and we both bounced on the stairs to mom.

He carried mom bridal style when we got into the room and brought her downstairs and hurriedly into his car. He placed her down on the back seat and all the while mom had been crying. I sat at the back with her and placed her head on my lap saying comforting words to help her calm down. The car zoomed out of our driveway to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital fairly well and in one piece judging by how Felix was crazy driving, and Felix was in the process of carrying mom again as I bolted out of my seat like lightning into the hospital.

"Emergency!" I screamed when I entered the hospital. A nurse approached me " my mom is bleeding profusely and she is heavily pregnant" I explained to her.

And immediately she ran and brought out a wheelchair. She followed me to mom but we met Felix with mom in his hands at the entrance of the hospital. He gently placed mom into the wheelchair and mom was wheeled like crazy into the emergency room. I don't know what was happening but more nurses and two doctors suddenly came out of nowhere into the emergency room.

I wanted to enter the room but I was stopped by Felix who pleaded with me silently and shook his head. The light on the emergency room flickered to red as the doctors started whatever they wanted to do. Felix sat me down on the hospital seat and sat beside me taking my hand and lacing my fingers. He brought my head onto his chest and the tears I had been holding decided to flow freely.

Why can't I just have some peace for a long time?. Something just happens whenever I think that I'm about to feel peaceful. It used to be my life, dad, and then Tye, and then this. What the fuck did I do wrong?.
I kept asking myself ad tried to find answers but I always ended up with another question and a giant black loophole in my head which was causing a severe headache.

A nurse brought some forms on a clipboard for us to fill in our details later and thankfully Felix filled it as I was too far drowned in my misery to even lift a finger. After what felt like an eternity, a doctor came out and called out my name.

"Here" I responded as Felix helped me to get onto my feet.

"How far is she?" The doctor asked as we were closer to him.

"Eight months" I replied

"Well, good job for bringing her early. If you had been a little late, the consequences would have been great but against all odds, we were able to save your mom and the child as well" he smiled.

"Thank you" I gave a small sad mile of my own and sighed in relief.

"She is currently resting and you should be able to see her after a couple of minutes. A nurse will be by shortly to lead you there" the doctor continued and started walking away.

I hugged Felix tightly and cried my tears of joy whiles blaming dad in my head. Everything that was happening was his fault. He left mom and transferred all our assets and finances excluding the house and mom's personal savings into his name and ran off to God knows where with that secretary of his only to return a few years ago to dare I say rape my mom.

"I can't breathe" the strained voice of Felix came out and jeered me from my thoughts.

"Sorry" I murmured.

"Accepted. And the nurse is here to lead us to your mom" he replied.

I looked behind me to see a nurse who lead us to mom's room where I almost collapsed from the view if not for Felix darting to my side and holding me. Mom was hooked up to so many machines and she was deathly pale but she was proudly sporting her potruded tummy.

"Why is she in so many machines and seemed to be in a private ward" I whispered more to myself. But I think Felix heard.

"I told them to give her the best of treatment they could afford at any cost" he replied.

"When and why didn't I hear you say that?" I asked him.

"It was the time when you were on my chest and the nurse brought the forms"

"Oh ok"

I sighed again and thanked whatever was out there.