Woah, How Was Life Before You Came Here?

Start from the beginning

Louis sighed and thought for a second before his beautiful voice filled the car, serenading me and Rose.

"Hey, don't write yourself off yet

It's only in your head you feel left out, or looked down on

Just try your best, Try everything you can,

And don't you worry what they tell themselves when your away.

It just takes sometime, little girl your in the middle of the ride, everything, everything will be just fine

Everything everything will be alright, alright." Louis stopped after the first chorus, almost asking if he should continue. Rose squealed in her seat, wanting more. He rose is hands, jokingly saying 'thank you, thank you'

I look over at Rose to see that she's fist pumping and shouting 'encore! encore!'. I place my hand on her shoulder gently, not wanting to accidentally get punched by her fist. Her head almost snapped off when she turned to me.

"What?" Her voice was crazed and her eyes big. I didn't think Louis singing would make her go crazy the fuck.

"I think that's enough singing for right now," I say, scared she might start punching me in the face for shutting down her private concert. But nope, she just sighed and looked out the window. How pitiful. "Hey Louis?" He looks up from his phone, raising an eyebrow. "I think you should join a band, or go on like a singing show. Your voice is beautiful," I suggest. I see in his eyes he's thinking about it, but he still shakes his no. I frown and look forward, still driving.

-------------------

Karma Smith

I guess the diner I was taking us to wasn't as close as I thought. It took us about half an hour, but we had some fun. Except for Rose, she slept most of the way, more towards the end though. When we got our table at the diner, Louis say next to me.

He was still doing whatever on his phone. I did see though, that he was looking up ways to get an audition for the X-Factor.

Isn't that show in the UK? I asked myself. Why wouldn't he audition for one here?

I shake the thoughts from my head and look up, seeing both Rose and Louis messing with their phones. I roll my eyes, of course they are. And stupid me for not bringing mine. I just tapped my fingers on the table, anticipating whether or not either on of them was going to start a conversation. I figured they wouldn't, I went for it.

"So, why'd you transfer to Portland schools?" I ask Rose. She set her phone aside and entwined her fingers together on the table.

"Everything was so bland, Kriss had basically created an army against you. I was just tired of everything I guess. What about you? What happened to your arm?"

I totally forgot about my arm being in a cast until now. I scramble for an excuse, but Louis beat me to it, saving my ass. "Oh, she was trying to use my skateboard one day and fell on it," he said casually. When did Louis get a skateboard though? What the fuck.

"Yeah, I fell. And I moved here because I wanted to meet new friends and stuff, everyone was basically gone back in Wallowa. Plus my brother lives here," I shrug like it's the most obvious reason to move here.

"My mom had told me about seeing your mom the other day," Rose said, testing the water on what topics to talk about. My whole body stops moving, my hands cramp up, my chest feels heavy. It's been forever since I've seen my mother, hell it's been years since anyone has mentioned her. She left my family and never came back, same with my brother but I know his reasoning.

Completely skipping over that subject, I change it. "Why does Kriss hate me so much?" That question has been haunting me forever. I just didn't get anything, we were such good friends. I don't know what I did. Like I want to make it right, but at the same time I don't really care.

"She hasn't really told me. Honestly the fight you had with, oh fuck I forgot her name. Sorry, my doctor said I'd have amnesia for a few months. Anyways, the fight you had with whoever made her so mad. I don't know why, you were just defending yourself I guess, I don't know. I don't really talk to her much anymore," Rose said, tripping over her thoughts. I nod, understanding a little bit. It was kind of a lot to take in. I had faintly felt Louis' hand on my knee when she was telling me about Kriss. I felt a little numb, but at the same time I didn't feel anything.

I never really talked about anything, this was basically the extent of it. The table fell silent, the conversation before a little too intense for the lightness of the late lunch. Louis and Rose went back to playing with their phones, leaving me to think. Me and my inner thoughts fight with each other, even though we're the same person.

Why would Louis leave? Why would he stay? You guys haven't officially broken up yet. We aren't technically together though. The day is still young. Indeed it is, that doesn't mean anything though. C'mon, it's Louis we're talking about. You're right, it is Louis.