I Have A Lot On My Plate (Part 1)

A picture of what I think Dom and May-Ann look like. VOTE + COMMENT

-------------------------

Karma Smith

"Now leaving Wallowa, Oregon"

I read the sign. Louis gave up on trying to get me back into the car. He states he'll come back. Probably not. I look back at the beautiful town of Wallowa. A tear slides down my cheek, onto my shoulder. I sniffle and carry on. I've been walking for about an hour. My mind has cleared. I don't want to go back.

"Ah," I grimace, the pain of my broken arm worsening. The hospital is about five, fifteen minutes tops from where I am. I examine my arm. It's swollen, black, purple and blue. Some of my skin is cut, blood dripping from the slits.

A car pulls up beside me, I don't bother looking at who it is. I carry on walking. The person beeps, trying to get my attention. I hear a door open and shut.

"Karma?" An all to familiar voice asks, cracking in the process. More tears slip down my cheeks. I slowly nod and turn to face him.

"Louis," I cry. My head drops, I don't bother covering my mouth as choked sobs leave my mouth. I hear him cough, trying to hold back the tears that threaten to fall from his eyes. He comes over and picks me up, cradling my weak body in his strong arms. I feel safer, his body shields me from the world. He opens the car doors and places me on the passenger, then gets in the car as well. He takes the car out of park and into drive. He starts down the street, towards the town. My eyes grow wide.

"No! No, no, no," I scream, tears streaming down my face. Louis looks at me, a tear falling from his eyes as well.

"What?" He asks, looking at my injured arm.

"Don't take me back there, Louis. Please," I cry, grabbing hold of his bicep.

"Why?" His voice cracks, he clears his throat. He's trying so hard not to breakdown and show his emotions. It makes me feel even worse.

"I don't want to go back, please!" He sighs and agrees, making an illegal U-turn and going the other way. We pass the sign.

The sun is bright, air warm but damp. I roll the window down, taking deep breaths of the fresh Oregon air.

"What happened?" Louis asks sternly. I ignore him, not wanting to talk."What the fuck happened?" He asks again, only more roughly.

"I don't want to talk about it," I whisper. He let's out a big breath, flaring his nose. His knuckles turn white from the hard grip he has on the wheel.

"Who hurt you, Karma?" I look away, more and more tears streaming. I use my uninjured hand to wipe them away. "Karma, please."

I nod."My...My dad. He ca-came home drunk a-and just snapped," I sob, holding my arm.
Louis shouts in anger, hitting the wheel. I flinch. "But look, I'm okay!" I say, trying to calm him. He keeps his focus straight.

"Your not okay! For fucks sake's your arm is broken because of that bastard!" Louis' voice grows louder.

I sit in the passenger seat, cradling my broken arm while trying to hold back the rest of my tears. We pull into the hospital, Louis quickly finds a spot and helps me out. Even though i can walk perfectly fine.

I see a woman rushing out of her car, crying. I squint. She looks awfully familiar. I realize it's Rose's mom. I gasp and tap Louis on the shoulder, pointing to Mrs. Lynne crying.

"Can we go see what's wrong?" I ask. Louis nods and heads in her direction. Her sobs come out, loud and strained.

"Mrs. Lynne?" I say. Her head shoots up, her eyes grow.