Chapter 12 - Through Silence

-

... Complete silence.
Even the breath of Crow faded. He really thought he got used to the silence in the room, but when he then realized what was 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 in there, it made it even more disturbing.

Those things he saw... Well, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 thing he saw... It was himself;
but it wasn't something you would expect in the palace of the leader of the noble Phantom Thieves.
Because... The him he saw there... was 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥.

Crow stared at the dead version of himself in a loss of words. Of course Akira would believe he was dead, but it was still a shocking sight to see with his own eyes. Even though it was really disturbing, the Black Mask had to make progress. That was why he was here after all.

He carefully went over to the not moving cognitive version of himself and moved it to the side. He quietly investigated the corpse just like he would as a Detective and stood up again after he made sure it didn't have anything valuable with it.

Leaning against a wall of the quiet room he tried to come to conclusions that would make sense. A palace is the cognitive world of someone, how that person views the world around them and it's connected to memories and feelings. So finding his cognitive self in a basement where people shouldn't enter would either mean he tried to abandon that memory, or it would mean that the keeps it from others.

To Crow, the second thing seemed like it would be more likely to be true. You don't need to have detective skills to figure out that Joker, Akira, would never want to abandon something like that. So with that conclusion, he tried thinking deeper.

Maybe he tried to just hide the hurtful feelings? Maybe that was why a basement even existed in the first place here.

And that was when he noticed, the other things that were inside the room. It seemed like it was a storage room for all the memories that caused pain, so it wasn't a small room.

After he then inspected everything, another thing caught his eye; It seemed like a letter, but half of it was burnt, so it wasn't really readable.
Crow still took it with him though, maybe he'll need it later...

Since the brunette then already investigated the whole room, he left it again. Spending too much time there would be foolish, and it was late too. He actually aimed to make more progress, but he realized it was no use.
So he ended up leaving the palace again, he got something that might be useful, so he was a bit satisfied.

-

Arriving back at the real world, Akechi looked around again. It must have gotten really late, everything was completely dark, and not a single person except him was still walking around.

He had to get home, that thought was set into his mind. He didn't realize how tired he had gotten from today, it's been a while since he entered the metaverse so he still had to get used to it again.

When he somehow managed to get home, he flopped down onto the bed. The room was still empty, it made him wonder why nobody took the apartment. But even though he was so tired... He couldn't even close his eyes.

𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.